- Date of Birth:
- July 13th
- Carmichael, CA
- Current Setup:
- '77 Jazz
Sadowsky 5-string fretless
Veillette 5-string singlecut fretless
'74 Fender P w/ copy of '73 J neck
gaffer's tape (black)
Glock Bass Art Classic Pre
Crown MT1200 power amp
1969 Ampeg B-15N
- Previously owned gear:
- Demeter, Alembic, Kern, Avalon, Stewart, Crest, Bag End, EA, Wayne Jones, Schroeder, Bergantino, Acme, SWR, Eden, Manne, and probably some others I can't think of right now...
- G.A.S. List:
- A nice Stingray someday would be cool. Maybe a Sterling fretless too. And an early 50's Precision, early 60's Jazz, and a '57 Corvette...
- Gigs, Bands, & Ensembles:
- 70's soul/funk/R&B cover bands, original acid jazz, occasional rock/blues live/studio
- Influences and Teachers:
- My teacher Chris Robertson of San Luis Obispo; then Marcus, Jaco, George Porter, Jr., Paul McCartney, James Jamerson, Brian Bromberg, Charlie Haden, Armand Sabal-Lecco, Geddy Lee, Derek Allen... and probably about 50% of all the other bassists I've ever heard, actually, in some way or another!
- Other Hobbies & Interests:
- video production, home remodeling, astronomy, competitive llama herding
PlayTheBass is not a member of any public groups