| || || |
| || |
|View Profile: jahan |
| || |
Last Activity: 04-08-2013 11:30 PM
|Forum Info ||Contact Info |
| || |
|jahan has no contact information. |
|Additional Information ||Group Memberships |
- Date of Birth:
- January 29th, 1956
- Brooklyn, New York
- Current Setup:
- I use a Czech, (I think) upright bass, about 60 years old. I use a Realist pick-up, which I plug into a SWR "Strawberry Blond Amp". I liked the Strawberry Blond more when I was using the underwood pick up. The entire rig is a little too thuddy now. I also use a cheap german bow, as I just had my cheap french bow stolen. Grr...
- Previously owned gear:
- I once owned a Kay blonde upright bass, with stains on the front that spelled out the name Johnny. (Some cat stuck gaudy letters to it.) My guess is in a polka band the bass player will do ANYTHING to get attention.
- G.A.S. List:
- A nice french bow! A better bass...and just the right amp that makes it sound like a much better bass.
- Gigs, Bands, & Ensembles:
- Currently working with my own trio, and free-lancing quite a bit. Almost all jazz, but am working hard on classical. (Sawing away at the strings.)
- Influences and Teachers:
- Neal Creque, Ace Carter, Lawrence (Jacktown) Jackson..(my jazz fathers.) Bassists:Ron Carter, Buster Williams, Eddie Gomez, Ray Brown.. and too many others to name. Other musicians: Bill Evans, Miles, (lots of Miles) Trane, and again, too many others.
- Available for instruction:
- New York
- Areas of Instruction::
- Double Bass (Classical), Double Bass (Jazz), Bass Guitar
- Teaching Credentials:
- Playing professionally for 25+ years in the Cleveland area.
jahan is not a member of any public groups
All times are GMT -6. The time now is 06:19 AM.