- Date of Birth:
- May 30th, 1972
- Bologna, Italy
- Current Setup:
- 7/8 circa 1970 Hungarian quasi violin cornered roundback with a carved lady head scroll.
- 3/4 1950's rock'n'roll cutaway sunburst bass.
- 1966 Fender Mustang electric bass.
- Simple old brazilwood French model bow + a nice old Dragonetti bow.
- strings: Lenzner Supersolo Jazz gut strings G&D; Sensicore Solos A&E for the ladyhead bass; various bumped gut & synthetic strings for the slap bass.
- Realist (ladyhead bass), K&K bass max & clicky pickups (slap bass).
- Vox T-60 & Roland 1980's BassCube 60 amps.
- Pops rosin & a number of various pedal effects.
- Red Elisa Lakanen flight case.
- Previously owned gear:
- Too much stuff ...
- Gigs, Bands, & Ensembles:
- Busy as sideman and co-leader in a huge number of bands and different situations. I also lead my own 4tet SAUL BASS www.myspace.com/saulbass1 www.myspace.com/stefanosenni
- Influences and Teachers:
- Travels, Charlie Haden, Thomas Morgan, Ben Street, Trevor Dunn, Scott La Faro, Larry Grenadier, Paul Chambers, Paul Mc Cartney, Greg Cohen, Tony Scherr, Edgar Meyer, Jimmy Garrison, Lee Rocker, Mark Carew, Anders Christensen, Andy Rourke, Peter Kowald, Alfred Hitchcock, Rod Serling, Salvador Dalž, Ernesto Che Guevara, Glenn Gould, J.S.Bach, Saul Bass ...
- Other Hobbies & Interests:
- films,reading,surfing online. Collective independent label www.elgallorojorecords.com
- Areas of Instruction::
- Double Bass (Jazz)
- Teaching Credentials:
- teaching jazz bass in the Conservatories of Rovigo, Ferrara & Cesena (Italy).
basstef is not a member of any public groups