- Date of Birth:
- April 9th, 1975
- Victoria, B.C., Canada
- Current Setup:
- Fender Hot Rodded P-Bass.
GK MB112 combo.
1920's German ply upright + realist.
- Previously owned gear:
- F bass (5 string), Warwick Thumb (neck thru, 1991), Ernieball Stingray 5 and Sterling 4, and many more.
Amps - Gallien Krueger, SWR, Trace Elliot, Eden, Ashdown, Mark Bass, Acoustic Image, Ampeg.
- G.A.S. List:
- A really well made solid upright. Oh and should also sound like Mingus.
- Gigs, Bands, & Ensembles:
- AUDio SQUADron is my band. Freelance for everything else.
- Influences and Teachers:
- Electric - Jonas Hellborg, Mike Watt, Trevor Dunn, Les Claypool, Paul Jackson, and many more.
Upright - Ray Brown, Charles Mingus, Ron Carter, William Parker, Paul Chambers, Barre Phillips, Larry Grenadier Christian McBride, Drew Gress, Han Han Cho and many more.
- Favorite Genres:
- Other Hobbies & Interests:
- Composition and Biking.
- Available for instruction:
- Areas of Instruction::
- Double Bass (Classical), Double Bass (Jazz), Bass Guitar
- Teaching Credentials:
- 1995 - Grant MacEwan College Music Program.
15 years teaching experience.
travshorts is not a member of any public groups