- Berkeley, CA
- Current Setup:
- Lakland 55-94 Bird's Eye Maple 5 String Fretted, Lakland 55-94 Ebony Lined Fretless, Fender '85 Japanese P-Bass with Maple Board and Seymour Duncan Quarter Pounders, GK 1001RB (as preamp)->Crest FA801 Power Amp, Alembic F1X Preamp, Alembic SF-2 Super Filter, Eden 410XLT Cabinet, Ported 15" EV cabinet, Tech 21 VT Bass, EBS IQ Envelope Filter, Chunk Systems Octavius Squeezer, 1963 C1 Kay Upright with Full Circle Pickup, Summit TD-100 Tube SDI
- G.A.S. List:
- 60 or 61 Fender P-Bass and J-Bass, Any bass with Dark Star Pickups (Guild Starfire, Gibson Hollowbody, Lakland Hollowbody, etc.), Ken Smith 6-String, Fodera Presentation, Modulus 6-String Oteil Bass, Great River MEQ-1NV Pre/EQ, Read Preamp, API 500 Series Pre and EQ, Mike Pope Preamp, Universal Audio 610 Preamp, Universal Audio 110 Preamp, Schroeder Cab, Epifani 2x12 Cabinets, Bergantino IP 310 or 212, a nice Upright Bass, Radial 500 Series Rack, BAE 1073 preamp, Phil Lesh's Big Brown or Mission Control!
- Gigs, Bands, & Ensembles:
- Huckle, Sleeping Giants, Izabella, Fulero/Lehe, High Beams
- Influences and Teachers:
- My Band Mates, Phil Lesh, Mike Watt, Stanley Clarke, Jaco Pastorius, James Jamerson, Paul Chambers, Paul Jackson, Anthony Jackson, Family Man Barrett, Tom Fowler, Tony Levin, Mike Gordon, Cordell Mosson, James Cammack, Sting, Max Bennett, Gary King, Oteil Burbridge, Richard Davis, Scott Lafaro, Pino Paladino, Reggie Workman, John Entwistle, Victor Krauss, Bobby Vega
- Other Hobbies & Interests:
- Available for instruction:
- Areas of Instruction::
- Bass Guitar
- Teaching Credentials:
- I have taught bass for 11 years with an emphasis on reading music, technique, ear training, and theory.
Murphbass is not a member of any public groups