- Minneapolis, Minnesota
- Current Setup:
- Fender MIJ Fretless Jazz Bass
Fender MIJ E Series Precision
Fender Marcus Miller Jazz Bass
Johannes Kohr K/64 Upright w/Realist pickup
TC Electronic BG250 Amp.
GORM Pedalboard from IKEA featuring:
Boss FV50H Volume Pedal
Boss TU-2 Tuner
Boss PSM-5 Power Supply/Master Switch
Boss OC-2 Octave
Boss PS-5 Super Shifter
Behringer UV300 Ultra Vibrato
Boss SYB-3 Synth Bass
Boss DS-1 Distortion
Line 6 DL4 Delay Modeller
Digitech JAMMAN Solo
Screen door spring from Home Depot
"Voice Changer" megaphone toy
- Gigs, Bands, & Ensembles:
- THOMAS KIVI - THOMAS KIVI-thomaskivi.bandcamp.com/- Folk/Roots/Singer-Songwriter. ART FOR HUNTING www.artforhunting.com/- Experimental Fusion.
- Influences and Teachers:
- INFL: Muzz Skillings, James Jamerson, Chuck Rainey, Jerry Jemmott, Donald "Duck" Dunn, Willie Weeks, Me'shell N'Degeocello, Larry Graham, Bootsy Collins, Tony Levin, Melvin Gibbs, Mick Karn, Squarepusher, Ray Brown, Dave Holland, Tom "T-Bone" Wolk, Bakithi Kumalo...
Jimi Hendrix, Vernon Reid, Adrian Belew, Miles Davis, John Coltrane, David Torn, Eric Dolphy, Nels Cline...
- Favorite Genres:
- Rock 1966-1996, Progressive Jazz, R&B, Soul, Funk, Early Hip Hop, Drum 'n' Bass, Ambient, Dub Reggae, Afrobeat, Experimental, Free Jazz, Free Funk, Pop music before 1990, Early Country music...
- Other Hobbies & Interests:
- Classic Films, Classic TV, Basketball, The Onion.
- Available for instruction:
- Twin Cities
- Areas of Instruction::
- Double Bass (Jazz), Bass Guitar
- Teaching Credentials:
- I teach at the St. Paul Guitar Studio stpaulguitarstudio.com. Studied theory briefly in college and also privately with teachers. Have studied with bass teachers like Anthony Cox, Jim Anton, Scot Hornick, Sam Sarfati, Ron Evaniuk, and Chris Bates.
Alan Vorse is not a member of any public groups