- Endorsing Artist: Mesa Boogie Amps, Bag end,Thomastik - Infeld Strings
- NYC & San Francisco
- Current Setup:
- Juzek 3/4 circa 1915.
M. Raposo German Bow
Musicman Electric bass.
Genz benz 600
multiple mesa boogie cabs
Roland cube bass (for upright)
- Previously owned gear:
- mesa boogie and bag end gear and some GK gear
- G.A.S. List:
- Demeter DI box, to go fishing, a par 3 practice hole in my backyard, a backyard.
- Gigs, Bands, & Ensembles:
- I have worked with Branford Marsalis, Lee Konitz, Donald Byrd, Billy Higgins, Bob Weir (Grateful Dead), Chris Cheek, Peter Apfelbaum, Bob Weir (Grateful Dead and Ratdog), Jay Lane (Primus and Ratdog), Jason Moran, Buddy Collett, George Garzone, Kenny Werner, Mike Cain, Jeff Ballard, Tony Sher, Frank Kimbrough, Slide Hampton, Carl Allen, Kenny Wollesen, Adam Nuessbaum, Bruce Forman, Mike Clark, George Schuller, Donny Mcaslin, Jay Collins, Ed cherry, Joel Frahm, Pherone Aklaff, Joe Labarbera, Willy Jones III, Waddada Leo smith. John Popper (Blues Traveler), Stephen Perkins (Janes Addiction) also in the Bluegrass arena; Peter Rowan and Tony Rice. I am currently working on the music for a play with Mike Cain at the NYC Public Theater.
- Influences and Teachers:
- Teachers: Senator Eugene Wright, Charlie Haden, Darek oles, Mel Graves, Scott Colley.
Influences - Jimmy Blanton, PC, Isreal Crosby, Charlie Haden, Red Mitchell, Dave Holland, Jimmy Garrison, Wilbur Ware and ofcourse Ray Brown.
- Other Hobbies & Interests:
- running, Golf, Fishing , camping, mountain biking.
- Available for instruction:
- San Francisco/NYC
- Areas of Instruction::
- Double Bass (Classical), Double Bass (Jazz), Bass Guitar
- Teaching Credentials:
- Masters of Music and Jazz- NYU.
Cal Arts -undergrad.
Sonoma State -undergrad.
bassdogEmer is not a member of any public groups