- Inventor/designer/maker: The Bass Matt
- Current Setup:
- Shen SB190 set up by AES Fine Instruments, Lycon G, Spiro mitt EAD.
Gollihur Brazilwood German; Glasser German w/ black hair.
1987 Peavey Fury-Pyramid flats;
Cort Artisan A5 modded w/ Bartolini BC5CBC-TI rounds; Hohner B2A defretted; Kala fretless UBass;
EA Iamp 500; EA CXL112E; GK MB150; Realist; K&K pup; Sennheiser MD441; Fdeck PreAmp.
- Previously owned gear:
- Shen SB180, 1943 Kay DB; 1964 Kay DB, Engelhardt DB; Codabow Revelation, 1967 Hofner Beatle, Emminence EUB, 1978 Fender P, 1981 G&L L-1000, Fender Jazz Plus
- Gigs, Bands, & Ensembles:
- Influences and Teachers:
- Teachers: Rick Rozzie: Hartford Symphony; Bruce Bellingham: UConn. Influences: Tommy Potter, Paul Chambers, Ray Brown, Edgar Meyer, John Clayton, Butch Warren, Orin O'Brien, PM, James Jamerson, Carol Kaye, Jimmy Blanton, Charles Mingus, Slam Stewart, Oscar Pettiford, Esperanza Spalding, Kristin Korb, Chris Squire, Ed Friedland...
- Other Hobbies & Interests:
- Biking, Grenfell hooked rugs
- Available for instruction:
- Areas of Instruction::
- Double Bass (Classical), Double Bass (Jazz), Bass Guitar
- Teaching Credentials:
- UCONN: BGS with emphasis on classical theory and performance: Beginning/Intermediate.
Dave Hosking is not a member of any public groups