- Inventor/designer/maker: The Bass Matt
- Current Setup:
- Shen 180-Spiro stark; Shen 190-Spiro mittel; both set up by AES Fine Instruments.
Gollihur Brazilwood German; Glasser German w/ black hair.
1987 Peavey Fury-Pyramid flats;
Cort Artisan A5 modded w/ Bartolini BC5CBC-TI rounds; Hohner B2A defretted;
EA Iamp 500; EA CXL112E; GK MB150; K&K pup; Sennheiser MD441; Fdeck PreAmp.
1937 National New Yorker lapsteel.
- Previously owned gear:
- 1943 Kay DB; 1964 Kay DB, Codabow Revelation, 1967 Hofner Beatle, Emminence EUB, 1978 Fender P, 1981 G&L L-1000, Fender Jazz Plus
- G.A.S. List:
- Fully carved furniture mover w/ technique to match.
- Gigs, Bands, & Ensembles:
- Colchester Civic Orchestra; Double Bassist: ECSU Thread City Jazz Ensemble
- Influences and Teachers:
- Teachers: Rick Rozzie: Hartford Symphony; Bruce Bellingham: UConn. Influences: Tommy Potter, Paul Chambers, Ray Brown, Edgar Meyer, John Clayton, Alexandra Scott, Orin O'Brien, PM, James Jamerson, Carol Kaye, Jimmy Blanton, Charles Mingus, Slam Stewart, Oscar Pettiford, Esperanza Spalding, Kristin Korb, Chris Squire, Ed Friedland...
- Other Hobbies & Interests:
- Biking, Grenfell hooked rugs
- Available for instruction:
- Areas of Instruction::
- Double Bass (Classical), Bass Guitar
- Teaching Credentials:
- UCONN: BGS with emphasis on classical theory and performance: Beginning/Intermediate.
Dave Hosking is not a member of any public groups