- Date of Birth:
- December 26th, 1979
- New Jersey, USA
- Current Setup:
- Double Bass: '67 Kay for jazz, unnamed hybrid which is used for chamber music/new music/classical.
Bass Guitar: LTD b-206SM six string, 1997 Fender American Standard J bass, peavey millennium fretless (ripped out the frets, sanded superglue etc)
Guitars: '02 Martin 000-28EC, '05 Eastman 805EC, Standard Telecaster w/ Burstbucker + Lollar special T, Parker P-36, Ibanez Artcore something something
- Previously owned gear:
- ((( guitars: Ibanez George Benson model that I ran over with my car by accident.....
Gibson Tal Farlow model which I sold to buy a Lothar Seifert bow. I miss the guitar but I have been in love with the bow since I got it in 2000. )))
As for what I feel knowledgable about for advice. For double bass I am confident in advice on fingerings (at least the school I am used to which is the technique Oscar Zimmerman taught) as well as bowings to most orchestral repertoire as used in the Philadelphia orchestra. Pretty good at tailoring teaching styles to maximize learning by the student. Been teaching bass and guitar 12 years. I'm not familiar with German bows or any techniques that might be individual to playing with one.
- G.A.S. List:
- Try not to think about it.
- Gigs, Bands, & Ensembles:
- Freelancing, various chamber groups, new music percussion group (only non percussionist in it), jazz duos and trios etc.
- Influences and Teachers:
- My Great Uncle Oscar Zimmerman and his student (and my teacher from years back) Henry Scott. Paul Chambers, Scott Lafaro, Ron Carter, Gary Peacock, Ray Brown, Larry Grenadier, Steve Swallow, Jaco...many others. My late father who has written wonderful music for the bass in addition to the other 450+ pieces in his lifetime.
- Favorite Genres:
- Jazz, classical, any good music that is creative
- Other Hobbies & Interests:
- Photography (www.pchphotography.net)
- Available for instruction:
- New Jersey
- Areas of Instruction::
- Double Bass (Classical), Double Bass (Jazz), Bass Guitar
- Teaching Credentials:
- Send me a message if you want a resume
cadence is not a member of any public groups