- Blairsville, Pennsylvania USA
- Current Setup:
- Bass Gear: Shen SB180 (Helicore Orchestras, purchased from Nick Lloyd), 2007 Christopher DB504 Busetto 5-String (Bel Cantos and a Helicore low B or Spirocore high C), Revolution Solo Pickups, a beautiful old German bow, UB Workshop French bow, Ophelia carbon fiber French bow, Presto Carbon Fiber French bow, Alvarez AE 5-string bass (Fusion AO75), ESP active 6-string electric bass, Fender Deluxe V (MIM),SWR LA15 bass amplifier, Gallien-Kruger MB112 amplifier.
Guitar Gear: 1991 Washburn HB35N Guitar, Salvador Ibanez AE cutaway classical guitar, Washburn Cumberland Series AE Java Ebony, Dean Backwoods Six Acoustic/Electric Banjo.
- Previously owned gear:
- Christopher Busetto Hybrid Model 304
Gibson 1979 "The Paul"
Takamine Jumbo A/E
Roland Microcube RX bass amplifier (sorry I sold this one!)
- Gigs, Bands, & Ensembles:
- I play freelance for shows and combos and section bass in an orchestra.
- Influences and Teachers:
- The Pittsburgh Symphony Bass Section, Rufus, The Judge, Edgar, Neils HOP, and Francois
- Favorite Genres:
- I'll listen to anything once, twice if I like it, it goes on my i-pod after three hearings!
- Available for instruction:
- Areas of Instruction::
- Double Bass (Classical), Double Bass (Jazz), Bass Guitar
- Teaching Credentials:
- BS Music Education, MA Music Theory and Composition, 34 years public education experience, private instructor for over three decades. I will work with beginning to intermediate double bass students. I also teach guitar, piano, and college-prep music theory and ear-training.
Rick Auvil is not a member of any public groups