- Madrid, Spain (ex-Wash. DC)
- Current Setup:
- Kolstein solid carved double bass, 1998
Strunal hybrid double bass model 5/35, 2004
Pirastro Oliv strings
Thomastik Spirocore strings
D'Addario Zyex strings
Ary French and German bows
Fishman Full Circle pickup
David Gage Realist pickup
Fishman Platinum Pro bass preamp
Acoustic Image Coda combo amp
Gallien Krueger MB150s combo amp
Fender Precision '51 reissue (MIJ 1995)
- Previously owned gear:
- Polytone Minibrute
Acoustic 2X15 cab
Rickenbacker 4001 Fireglo fretless 1975 :-(
- G.A.S. List:
- Mic, DMA 4099?
Lyon or Dlugolecki gut strings?
- Gigs, Bands, & Ensembles:
- www.jazztrio.es http://www.facebook.com/christianmarcosperez
- Influences and Teachers:
- Teachers: Pepe Gonzalez, Steve Novosel.
Inspirations: Butch Warren, Ray Brown, Sam Jones, Leroy Vinnegar, Cachao, Scott Lafaro, O.P., Mingus, Mike Watt.
Not bassists: Webster Young (trumpet), Calvin Jones (trombone), Allyn Johnson (piano).
- Favorite Genres:
- All the good stuff
- Other Hobbies & Interests:
- Cooking, eating, spending time with family, spanish
- Available for instruction:
- Madrid, Spain
- Areas of Instruction::
- Double Bass (Jazz), Bass Guitar
- Teaching Credentials:
- I have experience giving private lessons. I also teach at a small music school in Madrid. I studied bass in Washington DC, with Pepe Gonzalez and Steve Novosel. Both in private lessons and while studying jazz/music theory at UDC.
papa bajo is not a member of any public groups