- Endorsing Artist: Spector/LightWave/NS/Centrance/DR/Watson Pickups
- Northern Virgina
- Current Setup:
- LightWave Saber VL5 in TransAmber (www.lightwave-systems.com).
LightWave/Syme fretless bass (www.lightwave-systems.com). Hipshot on the low E. Thomastik Infeld Jazz flatwounds. Fret FX system.
Spector Euro LX 6 string
Ibanez Ashula Hybrid SR2010ASC with custom Watson pickups
Skjold Pro Series 6 string
NS-CR5 for jazz, bowed bass. Thomastik Infeld Pirastro strings.
Eastman 605 Double bass. Thomastik Infeld Dominant or Pirastro strings.
Aguilar AG500, GS112 and GS112NT cabinets, Lexicon MX200, Boss TU-2, Boss OC-2, Dunlop Bass Wah, Soundblox Bass Envelope Filter, Boss RC-300
- Previously owned gear:
- Ibanez basses, SR series
- G.A.S. List:
- A 5 string Spector
A 6 string LightWave
A Vadim bass
An Aguilar DB750
A 12 string bass
A piccolo bass
A 7 string bass
- Gigs, Bands, & Ensembles:
- Free lance bassist for hire, clinician, free lance pit work, solo bassist
- Influences and Teachers:
- This is a mix of influences and teachers: Edgar Meyer, Stanley Clarke, Micheal Manring, Jaco, Jamerson, Charles Mingus, Bach, Jeffery Gaines, Billy Cobham, Stefan Rademacher, Led Zeppelin, Hendrix, Jethro Tull, The Police, Tim Bogert, Great Big Sea, Silly Wizard, Steeleye Span, Eva Cassidy, Mahavishnu Orchestra, Shakti, Yo Yo Ma, Jeff Berlin, Brian Bromberg, Rufus Reid, Billy Cobham's CultureMix group, Carmine Appice, Mountain, Felix Pappalardi, Mickey Hart, Queen, David Wilcox, Mike Dimin, Jef Eichner, John Corcoran...just too many to list!!
- Other Hobbies & Interests:
- Reading, gardening, marine aquariums, computers.
- Available for instruction:
- Northern Virginia
- Areas of Instruction::
- Double Bass (Classical), Double Bass (Jazz), Bass Guitar
- Teaching Credentials:
- Brittany is the founder & head of the Virginia Bass Forum, an organization that hosts events to build bass community and assist bass players in improving their craft. She is a prolific writer, writing for the Music Teacher's Helper blog. She has performed & given clinics recently at Gerald Veasley's Bass BootCamp, The Musician's Institute, BassUp!, NAMM, the Bass Coalition's Summer Bass Workshop, Washington Music's Bass Day Summit, the Rappahannock Music Summer Camp, and other events.
ladybassmusic is not a member of any public groups