| || || |
| || |
|View Profile: anahata |
| || |
Last Activity: 02-16-2014 06:11 PM
|Forum Info ||Contact Info |
| || |
|Additional Information ||Group Memberships |
- Date of Birth:
- August 6th, 1961
- Tucson, AZ
- Current Setup:
- Mittenwalt 3/4 ca. 1820 with Robertson & Sons low C capo extension.
'73 Fender Jazz (black with white pic plate).
Stevenson flight case.
- G.A.S. List:
- A nice English, Italian or French bass in good condition with a big smooth sound and easy personality.
A nice bowable EUB.
A 'solo bass' with a high string like the one Renaud Garcia-Fons has.
- Gigs, Bands, & Ensembles:
- Asst. Principal bass Tucson symphony, Tucson Pops, freelance. Bands: Klezmopolitans; Molehill Orkestrah (guest on cimbalom & bass); Gabriel Sullivan & the Taraf de Tucson (guest on cimbalom); "Balkan Spirit Trio" (bass and cimbalom).
- Influences and Teachers:
- Karel Netolička & Roger Ruggeri (MSO), Patrick Neher, Paul Ellison, Françious Rabbath, David Walter, my stand partner Jim Karrer (a former student of Eugene Levinson) and many others.
- Other Hobbies & Interests:
- The Cimbalom! Health & fitness, meditation, Road trips, Learning - general fun!
- Available for instruction:
- Areas of Instruction::
- Double Bass (Classical)
- Teaching Credentials:
- Bachelor's degree. 23 years experience as assistant principal in TSO. 1 year as acting principal TSO. 1 semester as adjunct bass teacher at University of AZ. Workshops with David Walter, Paul Ellison, Burt Turetzky, François Rabbath, Harold Robinson and many others. 35 years of widely varied experience and study. Extensive knowledge of the Double Bass orchestral repertoire. Lots of working experience with many forms of ethnic/world music and traditional/non-traditional forms and styles.
anahata is not a member of any public groups
All times are GMT -6. The time now is 04:28 AM.