- Current Setup:
- 1920's John Juzek (German/Bohemian) flatback 5-string fully carved upright bass. Five-String Bulgarian Fully Carved Upright (acquired from Bob Gollihur) with Ehrlund EAP and Fishman full circle pickups. Several custom made 5 string jazz basses I built myself (both a fretless version and a fretted version with Bartolini electronics and Neuser "fretless" Bridge), '69 Fender Precision, Fender 5-String Jazz, Ampeg SVT Classic (previously owned by Bob Daisley) and Acoustic Image Clarus with Audiokinesis Thunderchild cabinet. Also, a Hartke cabinet and Hartke preamp.
- Previously owned gear:
- Engelhardt and Meisel upright basses. Rickenbacker 4001, various Fenders, Tobias, Mark bass amps. Too many others to mention.
- G.A.S. List:
- Gas currently under control and not acting up.
- Gigs, Bands, & Ensembles:
- Jazz/Funk group in northern Utah area, Utah State University CVC Orchestra, various rock and funk gigs around northern Utah
- Influences and Teachers:
- NHOP, Scott Lafaro, Ron Carter, Catalin Rotaru, Christian Mcbride, Renaud Garcia-Fons, Paul Chambers, Stanley Clarke, John Patitucci, Eddie Gomez, David Friesen, Jeff Berlin, Rufus Reid, Steve Harris, Bob Daisley, Billy Sheehan -- too many others to mention.
- Favorite Genres:
- Jazz, Classical, Rock, Metal, R&B
- Other Hobbies & Interests:
- what else is there besides music?
- Available for instruction:
- Areas of Instruction::
- Double Bass (Classical), Double Bass (Jazz), Bass Guitar
- Teaching Credentials:
- I've studied jazz bass with Jeff Berlin and David Friesen, and I've played with some big name rock players and producers.
richhansen is not a member of any public groups