- Date of Birth:
- November 29th, 1956
- Tampa, Florida
- Current Setup:
- 200 year old Tyrolean Bass with Corelli Tungsten 370 Forte strings, and a canary wood turned Rabbath style endpin. Also a modern french bow by German Maker Boris Fritsch. I now also own a new New Standard Bass, a 7/8 size model they have not named. Strings? Still not sure...
- G.A.S. List:
- Find a beautiful sounding string that rings and sounds clear, warm and beautiful on my new bass.
- Gigs, Bands, & Ensembles:
- 21 years with The Florida Orchestra. Resigned in 2006. Work as a Certified Music Practitioner at two major hospitals in Tampa. Also play in a duo with a great hammered dulcimer player, doing original arrangements of folk music and original tunes.
- Influences and Teachers:
- Lucas Drew, Vincent Kantorski, Mik Groninger, Francois Rabbath. Etienne LaFrance. George Vance, Hans Sturm, Johnny Hamil, Nick Walker. John Clayton to name a few.
- Favorite Genres:
- Classical, jazz, ethnic, folk, crossovers of many kinds
- Other Hobbies & Interests:
- Yoga, friends, family, Arts In Medicine
- Available for instruction:
- Tampa Bay area, Florida
- Areas of Instruction::
- Double Bass (Classical)
- Teaching Credentials:
- University of Tampa, Teach private students regularly, esp. helping people to begin to use the Rabbath technique, with a heavy emphasis on the bow. Also can help to develop overall technique, setup, and musicality.
lloydjgoldstein is not a member of any public groups