- Columbus, Ohio
- Current Setup:
- Fender Roadworn Jazz w/ Thomastik Infeld Jazz Flats
Fender Geddy Lee Jazz w/ Rotosound Swing Bass 66 Strings 45-105 and Hipshot Detuner
Kala UBass w/ Pahoehoe Strings
Sansamp VT Bass Deluxe
Shure SE425 In Ear Headphones
Monster Cables, Dunlop Straplocks, Mono Straps, Mono Cases
- Previously owned gear:
- Yamaha basses, Fender basses, MusicMan basses, Carvin basses, SWR amps, Gallien Krueger amps, Markbass amps, Shure E5 in-ears, Azola Bug Bass electric upright and German Acoustic Upright.
You can probably tell I used to gig, got married had kids and got a real job hence the immense downsizing in bass gear. I don't play out anymore except on rare occassions at family friendly venues. I play at my church almost every week. This is the majority of my gigs now a days and all that requires is a direct box (for that I use a Sansamp VT Bass Deluxe). I don't even own an amp anymore!
- G.A.S. List:
- Talent, time to practice.
- Gigs, Bands, & Ensembles:
- Faith Life Church worship team (modern P&W, gospel), Big Al's Swing Kids (swing, rockabilly, blues) & Fuzz Logik (Jazz Fusion)
- Influences and Teachers:
- 1. James Jamerson
2. Ray Brown
3. Verdine White
4. Geddy Lee
5. Chris Squire
- Favorite Genres:
- Funk, Jazz, Fusion, Gospel, Praise and Worship, Rock
- Other Hobbies & Interests:
- Family, mountain biking, church, God, College Football, Golf, Fishing, Outdoors
- Available for instruction:
- Areas of Instruction::
- Double Bass (Jazz), Bass Guitar
- Teaching Credentials:
- Been playing off and on since 1996 (took about a 4 year holiday in the middle of that time frame). Played upright for several years professionally (touring swing band back in 1999).
kirkm24 is not a member of any public groups