- Winnetka (L.A. area), CA, USA
- Current Setup:
- '91 Carvin LB20, '98 Fender MIM J5 Active Deluxe w/upgrades, Fender MIA Parts-Bin P (body MIM), parts-bin fretless under construction. Acoustic 370, pre-Magnavox Ampeg V-4B, Carvin speakers, a couple of small amps that I build myself. i have DOD G7 multi-effects rack unit that I don't use often.
- Previously owned gear:
- Never owned any other bass gear.
- G.A.S. List:
- Hmmm... maybe a Rick 4003? Or a really old Fender - I've held P-bass serial #11 in my hands... that was an experience! And a real (pre-1980) SVT.
While I'm dreaming, I'll take an Ampeg ASB-1 "Devil Bass", possibly the coolest-looking bass ever made IMO.
- Influences and Teachers:
- James Jamerson, Bootsy Collins, Jack Bruce, Paul McCartney, John Entwistle, Jack Casady, Phil Lesh, Larry Graham, and just to prove I'm not completely stuck in the '60s, Geddy Lee (is stuck in the '80s better?).
- Other Hobbies & Interests:
- flute, keyboards, guitar, blues harp, sax, electronics, woodworking
ReidK is not a member of any public groups