- MS, AL, FL Panhandle, N'awlins
- Current Setup:
- Primary instrument: Carved 3/4 double bass, workshop class from teaching shop in Asia, strung with Pirastro Evah Pirazzi strings. Reinforced with Fishman Full Circle, Revolution Solo II and various microphones depending on the situation: AKG 414TL, Sennheiser e609, Neumann KM-184, Shure SM-57, Sm-58.
Secondary instruments: NS CR-4M electric upright bass, Carved 3/4 double bass, production class (Bulgaria), strung with Corelli 370 Forte strings. Set up for amplified playing with K&K Bass Max system.
Electrics: Primary slab: 2008 Fender Jazz Bass fretless, Fender Jazz Bass Classic 68 reissue, Fender 1963 P-Bass, Modifed Fender Squire Jaco-Style 4-string. Modifications include Seymour Duncan Antiquity II Pickups, all new controls, wiring and Aguilar OBP-3 preamp.
Amplifier is Acoustic Image Coda R Series II, EA Micro 300 and 2 EA Wizzy 10 speakers. I use one or two speakers depending on the gig and the instrument.
Also have a ton of guitar stuff since I was a guitar player for 30 years prior to my switch to bass three years ago.
- Previously owned gear:
- I make my living in architectural acoustics, designing audio, video and sound reinforcement systems and specifying equipment, so I feel qualified to offer advice on a wide variety of musical instrument, audio, video, communications and control equipment.
- G.A.S. List:
- High end French Bow
60's era Fender Jazz Bass
Roscoe or Modulus premium 6-string
- Gigs, Bands, & Ensembles:
- Regular gigs with two trios, a big band and 2-4 shows a year in the pit, church, community orchestra, plus recording, composing, etc.
- Influences and Teachers:
- Scott LaFaro, Ron Carter, Eddie Gomez, John Patitucci, Jaco Pastorius, Stanley Clark (on upright), Brian Bromberg (on upright), John Clayton, Ray Brown
- Favorite Genres:
- Other Hobbies & Interests:
- Sailing, Sports
- Available for instruction:
- Areas of Instruction::
- Double Bass (Jazz), Bass Guitar
- Teaching Credentials:
- 30 years experience teaching w/post-secondary experience (Guitar, EB).
willroland is not a member of any public groups