| || || |
| || |
|View Profile: John-P |
| || |
Last Activity: 03-05-2014 05:08 PM
|Official Fender Precision Bass Club #1086 |
|Forum Info ||Contact Info |
| || |
|John-P has no contact information. |
|Additional Information ||Group Memberships |
- San Mateo, CA
- Current Setup:
- Electric: 1983 (or possibly '84) Fender Precision Elite II
Double bass: Christopher laminated 3/4 size, currently with Corelli 370 Forte strings. Gage Realist pickup.
Tonebone Bassbone for doubling.
JamUp Pro XT
Amp: Ampeg B2R, Aguilar 112 cab, EB MusicMan HD210 cab.
- G.A.S. List:
- 1) I'd like to stumble onto a great sounding carved double bass that is inexpensive (the impossible dream).
2) An upgrade from the B2R to something with more dimension to the sound.
3) At some point I would like to get an inexpensive, great playing 4- or 5-string fretless electric; doesn't have to be pretty.
- Gigs, Bands, & Ensembles:
- Currently playing electric and upright with The Headliners, a San Francisco Bay Area 8 piece band with a horn section. I also play in the occasional pit orchestra for musical theater productions in the area.
- Influences and Teachers:
- My teacher Lou Knowles, Ron Carter, James Jamerson, Ray Brown, Charles Mingus, Donald "Duck" Dunn, Oscar Pettiford, John Patitucci, and plenty of others. I first got interested by listening to the folk music players in the early-mid '60s; then moved into classical and jazz styles.
- Other Hobbies & Interests:
- singing, running
John-P is not a member of any public groups
All times are GMT -6. The time now is 02:18 PM.