Welcome to TalkBass, the Premier Bass Player Community and Information Source. We've been uniting the Low End Since 1998!
We're glad you've found us. Register a 100% Free Account to post and unlock tons of features.
- Last Activity:
- Sep 19, 2013
- Jan 11, 2012
- Likes Received:
- Trophy Points:
Share This Page
- 90dphillips was last seen:
- Sep 19, 2013
- Current Setup:
- My gear, sorted by it's order in the signal chain: Fender American Special Precision Bass Hand Stained Honeyburst, this beauty with a maple neck goes into a Snark SN-7 Tuner, MXR M-80 Bass DI+, Boss ODB-3 Bass Overdrive (I use mine more like a Fuzz), EHX Mole Booster, and an EHX LPB-1 Booster (used kind of like an overdrive), all sitting on a Pedaltrain PTH-1 with a Voodoo Labs Pedal Power 2+, and on to my Carvin BX600 head and out through a vintage 2x15" Acoustic 406 cabinet. I use the DI out of my amp to send it to the PA. I also own a vintage Acoustic 220 head, but I don't play it live because I'm nervous that I'll break it... or that someone else will.
- Favorite Genres:
- I love so many genres, but my favorites are soft rock, alternative rock, ragtime jazz (which I don't play: I feel I'd need a DB to even think about it, and by playing electric bass I'd disgrace the art), swing, and whatever Muse is.
- Gigs and Ensembles:
- I play at church, and I play with my friends. I've been in a few bands, and am asked frequently to join other projects, but I mainly like to help out in the studio when I can and leave my involvement mostly to the church. I am starting up a new project though with a more ambient/acoustic feel.
- Previously Owned Gear:
- I have owned a Fretless Fender Jazz Bass, as well as a 5 string Ibanez SR-535. I've owned several pedals, from Tech 21 to Boss to MXR. I've owned a few amps as well, I started with a Fender Rumble 300 combo.
- G.A.S. List:
- I want an Orange AD200B with some Markbass cabs. That would really just complete my wish list... but I am definitely happy with what I've had. I consider my current collection pretty good for a college kid with a part time job.
- Influences and Teachers:
- Bassists who have inspired me, and also made me realize on a regular basis why I am nowhere near professional, are Flea, Adam Clayton, Chris Wholstenholm, Matthew Tennikoff and Mike Dirnt.
- Hobbies and Interests:
- I like to watch movies a lot, play sports, hang with the guys and I love my girlfriend.
SignatureThe one that stands in the back with actual stage presence... it's like I'm a ...wasted dancing talent. :scowl: