Welcome to TalkBass 2014! If you're new here, we just went through a major site upgrade. Please post all concerns and bugs to the Forum Usage Issues forum. We will be monitoring that forum. Thank you for all of your feedback.
The TalkBass iphone/android app is NOT WORKING currently. We're working on it. Tapatalk IS working, so if you need to use an app, use Tapatalk. Try using your browser though - TalkBass is now 100% responsive to your phone/tablet screen size ;)
Please read the TalkBass 2014 FAQ for lots of great info on the new software.
- Last Activity:
- Sep 19, 2013
- Jan 11, 2012
- Likes Received:
- Trophy Points:
Share This Page
- 90dphillips was last seen:
- Sep 19, 2013
- Current Setup:
- My gear, sorted by it's order in the signal chain: Fender American Special Precision Bass Hand Stained Honeyburst, this beauty with a maple neck goes into a Snark SN-7 Tuner, MXR M-80 Bass DI+, Boss ODB-3 Bass Overdrive (I use mine more like a Fuzz), EHX Mole Booster, and an EHX LPB-1 Booster (used kind of like an overdrive), all sitting on a Pedaltrain PTH-1 with a Voodoo Labs Pedal Power 2+, and on to my Carvin BX600 head and out through a vintage 2x15" Acoustic 406 cabinet. I use the DI out of my amp to send it to the PA. I also own a vintage Acoustic 220 head, but I don't play it live because I'm nervous that I'll break it... or that someone else will.
- Favorite Genres:
- I love so many genres, but my favorites are soft rock, alternative rock, ragtime jazz (which I don't play: I feel I'd need a DB to even think about it, and by playing electric bass I'd disgrace the art), swing, and whatever Muse is.
- Gigs and Ensembles:
- I play at church, and I play with my friends. I've been in a few bands, and am asked frequently to join other projects, but I mainly like to help out in the studio when I can and leave my involvement mostly to the church. I am starting up a new project though with a more ambient/acoustic feel.
- Previously Owned Gear:
- I have owned a Fretless Fender Jazz Bass, as well as a 5 string Ibanez SR-535. I've owned several pedals, from Tech 21 to Boss to MXR. I've owned a few amps as well, I started with a Fender Rumble 300 combo.
- G.A.S. List:
- I want an Orange AD200B with some Markbass cabs. That would really just complete my wish list... but I am definitely happy with what I've had. I consider my current collection pretty good for a college kid with a part time job.
- Influences and Teachers:
- Bassists who have inspired me, and also made me realize on a regular basis why I am nowhere near professional, are Flea, Adam Clayton, Chris Wholstenholm, Matthew Tennikoff and Mike Dirnt.
- Hobbies and Interests:
- I like to watch movies a lot, play sports, hang with the guys and I love my girlfriend.
SignatureThe one that stands in the back with actual stage presence... it's like I'm a ...wasted dancing talent. :scowl: