- Last Activity:
- Nov 29, 2015 at 1:25 PM
- Jul 18, 2009
- Likes Received:
- Trophy Points:
- PORTLAND! Oregon
from PORTLAND! Oregon
- baldy McBalders was last seen:
- Viewing thread HOT AMPEG NEWS! PF20T, PF50T, PF112HLF, Nov 29, 2015 at 1:25 PM
- PORTLAND! Oregon
- Current Setup:
Carvin LB 76 fretless LEFTY
Yamaha LB 300 fretted LEFTY (actually looked at the thing for the first time in months)
Dean AE 4 Fretless converted to (you guessed it) LEFTY
Engelhardt EM-1 Lefty. CCB no more!!
Squier VM '70's jazz, Maple fretless Warmoth neck, MM HB in the bridge.
Warwick RB Corvette $$
Fdeck HPF Pre
- Favorite Genres:
- Fingerstyle funk, blues, jazz (Listening, hoping to learn to play).
- Gigs and Ensembles:
- not working. except for my 25 M.O. daughter.
- Previously Owned Gear:
- DIY lefty conversions, Ampeg SVT III, WAAAY too many EB, nothing boutique. Think blue collar. Moving towards white collar, with some subversion thrown in for good measure.
- G.A.S. List:
Upton lefty UB std.
AES (of course) Oregon Black Walnut 3/4 in a left-dizzle. That one, my friends,ain't never gonna happen . . .
- Influences and Teachers:
Teacher: Jennifer Leitham! Horray!
Jimmie Merrit. blue collar at its finest.
Scott Lafaro. Period.
Grant Green's bassist. Sorry, just started listening to him.
George Porter, JR.
Queens of The Stone Age.
Paul Chambers (actually have orig. pressing of "Kind of Blue" and "Birth of the Cool" Thanks for playing it on the turntable when I was 7, dad).
Juan Nelson. Man, what a groove. Broke my fingers off learning "Fight For Your Mind" on fretless.'
Steve Earle. Especially with the Del McCoury band on "The Mountain".
- Hobbies and Interests:
- WAAY to many years racing a bicycle (i.e. 37 years old, racing for 23 of 'em). A bit type "A" . . .
SignatureAmpeg Portaflex Club #495
Low-wattage Tubesters Official Club #19