Welcome to TalkBass 2014! If you're new here, we just went through a major site upgrade. Please post all concerns and bugs to the Forum Usage Issues forum. We will be monitoring that forum. We are currently evaluating the "One Post Per Classified Ad" policy. Thank you for all of your feedback.
The TalkBass iphone/android app is NOT WORKING currently. We're working on it. Tapatalk IS working, so if you need to use an app, use Tapatalk. Try using your browser though - TalkBass is now 100% responsive to your phone/tablet screen size ;)
Please read the TalkBass 2014 FAQ for lots of great info on the new software.
- Last Activity:
- Feb 11, 2013
- Aug 14, 2009
- Likes Received:
- Trophy Points:
Share This Page
- bassmangotdbluz was last seen:
- Feb 11, 2013
- Home page:
- Liberty Hill Tx (rural Austin)
- Current Setup:
1971 Fender Jazz Bass w/ BadAss II Bridge & Seymour Duncan AJJ-1 Active Pickups,
1990 Fender Fretless Jazz Bass,
1957 Reissue Danelectro Longhorn Bass,
1995 Danelectro SC-2 Baritone,
1980 Peavey T-40 Bass,
1978 Ovation B768 Elite Acoustic/Electric Bass.
SWR Bass 350 (Redface) Amp
SWR Studio 220 Amp
1966 Fender Blackface Bassman Amp
1969 Fender VT 15 2x15" cab (JBL D140 loaded)
SWR Workingman's 2x10T cabinet
(2) SWR Workingman's 15 cabinets (JBL 2226 loaded)
Bagend S15B Cabinet
SWR Workingman's 12 Combo Amp
Ashly GP40 Pre-Amp
QSC RMX2450 Power Amp
- Favorite Genres:
- Blues, Rockabilly, Roots Rock, Jazz, Soul, Classic County, Classic Rock, British Invasion, Power Pop, Bluegrass.
- Gigs and Ensembles:
- The Mojo Aviators (60's Power Pop, British Invasion, Folk, Soul and Blues influenced original project) Duo or Trio, Lanny Booth and Friends (Jazz Quartet), The Knuckle Suckers (Bluegrass Quartet), Praise Band at my church when in town.
- Previously Owned Gear:
- Carruthers SUB-1 EUB, 1971 & 1973 Fender Telecaster Basses, 1971 & 1977 Fender Musicmaster Basses, 1983 G&L SB-2 Bass, 1973 Rickenbacker 4001S, 1959 Gibson EBO, Bradley EBO copy, 1960 Prestige Bass (copy of a Gibson EB-2), Fender Bassman 10 Combo Amp, 1977 Fender Bassman 135 Amp, 1971 Fender V.T. Bassman 15 2x15" cab, 1969 Ampeg SVT 8x10" cab, Carvin 2x10" cab, (2) 80's Dr. Fong 1x15 Kit Cabs EVM Series II loaded, SWR Big Ben 1x18" Bagend loaded, G/K 400RB Amp, Peavey Century Amp, Peavey Century 1x15" cab, Peavey Mark III Series Bass Amp, Peavey 1516 Cab & 100 watt Peavey EQ Amp, 1968 Sunn Sorado Amp & 2x15 Cabinet, 1970's Epiphone Bass Combo Amp 50 watt 1x15".
- G.A.S. List:
- SWR Goliath III 4 ohm 4x10" Cabinet, Genz-Benz Shuttle 6.0-210T, SWR Redhead, Eden Metro Combo,
- Influences and Teachers:
- Duck Dunn, James Jamerson, Bob Babbitt, Johnny B. Gayden, Jan Zukowski, Willie Dixon, Paul McCartney, Bill Wyman, Tommy Shannon, Charles Mingus, Leland Sklar, Kenny Passarelli, Nathan East, Marcus Miller, Stanley Clarke. And lastly, the four men who are responsible for the bulk of my early legitimate musical training. Lawrence W. Viel, Roger Karl Maier, Michael Maletick and William Malcolm.
- Hobbies and Interests:
- Cooking, Fine Cigars
SignatureBassist for The Mojo Aviators Austin TX USA & Praise Band Bassist Fellowship Church Liberty Hill TX opt8va