Welcome to TalkBass, the Premier Bass Player Community and Information Source. We've been uniting the Low End Since 1998!
We're glad you've found us. Register a 100% Free Account to post and unlock tons of features.
- Last Activity:
- Nov 21, 2014 at 12:44 PM
- Jul 17, 2003
- Likes Received:
- Trophy Points:
Share This Page
Male, 52, from New York City, NY
...still practicing... Oct 6, 2014
- basspower was last seen:
- Nov 21, 2014 at 12:44 PM
- Jan 30, 1962 (Age: 52)
- Home Page:
- New York City, NY
- Professional Bass Player, Clinician, Author
- Current Setup:
- Fodera "Pfeiffer Signature" Fretless 6-String Bass, MTD Fretless and Fretted 6-String Basses, Aguilar Amplifier, Walter Woods Amplifier, Mark Bass Amplifier, Epifani Speakers, Intex Cables
- Favorite Genres:
- Jazz, R&B/Soul, Funk, Fusion, Rock, Pop
- Gigs and Ensembles:
- Solo Artist with "PHX" (Jazz/Rock Fusion Group with CD), Groove (Cover Band), Club Dates, Studio Sessions, Sideman Gigs, Author of Bassbooks.
- Previously Owned Gear:
- Pedulla 6-String Fretless Basses, Fender Fretless and Fretted 4-String Basses, Hartke Amps & Speakers, Eden Amps & Speakers, Gallien Krueger Amps, Euphonic Audio Speakers
- G.A.S. List:
- Influences and Teachers:
- Jaco Pastorius, Alain Caron, Paul McCartney, James Jamerson, Francis Rocco Prestia, Donald Duck Dunn, Will Lee, Miroslav Vitous
- Hobbies and Interests:
- I love animals...the four legged kind...
- Endorsed by Fodera, MTD, Aguilar, Intex Cables...love them all!
- Available for Instruction?:
- Bass Guitar Instruction
Patrick Pfeiffer is a professional bassist, composer, clinician, author and bass educator in New York City. He earned his Bachelor’s Degree in music from Arizona State University, and his Master’s in jazz studies (with distinction) from the prestigious New England Conservatory of Music. Pfeiffer’s solo CD Fruits and Nuts earned stellar reviews and a recommendation from Bass Player Magazine as well as from Jazz Improv Magazine. Besides performing and recording, Pfeiffer teaches bass guitar in New York City and gives clinics on rhythm section playing for bassists and drummers throughout the US. He is co-founder of Bass Immersion Day and often conducts clinics alongside such luminaries as Will Lee, John Patitucci, Gerald Veasley, Michael Manring, Bakithi Kumalo, Adam Nitti and many more.
- Teaching Credentials:
His former students include Adam Clayton of U2, Jean-Louis Locas of Cirque du Soleil, Mark Wike of the Bogmen, Alec Such of Bon Jovi and Nick diPierro of Her & Kings County. Other former clients include Red Ant Records, PolyGram and Arista Records.
Pfeiffer has played and/or recorded with George Clinton, Jimmy Norman, Phoebe Snow, Slam Stewart, Paul Griffin, Bernard Purdie, Babatunde Olatunji, Sheila Jordan, George Russell, Margaret Whiting, Joe Lovano, Carlos Alomar, Hernan Romero, Katie Agresta, the Marvelettes, the KMA Allstars, the Gary Corwin Dream Band, and many others. Pfeiffer was featured artist and adjudicator in the Jazz on the Great Plains festival in South Dakota and repeatedly one of the featured performers and instructors at Gerald Veasley's famous Bass Boot Camp in Reading, Pennsylvania. His latest project, a concept CD named Soul of the City, is supported by the New York Foundation for the Arts.
Besides the best-selling Bass Guitar for Dummies editions, which have been translated into eight languages to date, Pfeiffer also authored Bass Guitar Exercises For Dummies (published by Wiley), Improve Your Groove: The Ultimate Guide For Bass (published by Hal Leonard), and Daily Grooves for Bass (published by Carl Fischer).
Pfeiffer is endorsed by Aguilar Amplification and by the elite bass companies MTD and Fodera. In 2011 Fodera Guitars honored him with a “Pfeiffer Signature” 6-string fretless electric bass. His latest basscapades can be found at www.PatrickPfeifferBass.com.