- Last Activity:
- Oct 24, 2014 at 9:13 AM
- Dec 18, 2004
- Likes Received:
- Trophy Points:
Share This Page
Male, 42, from Bologna, Italy
- basstef was last seen:
- [On BYO]Viewing forum list, Oct 24, 2014 at 9:13 AM
- May 30, 1972 (Age: 42)
- Home Page:
- Bologna, Italy
- freelance musician & teacher
- Current Setup:
- 4/4 circa 1900 German gamba flatback double bass.
- 1976 Fender Precision Olympic White electric bass w/ DR lo rider strings.
- 60's Dynacord (Welson) semihollow Thin Body electric bass w/ Thomastik flatwound strings.
- modern Ozark Dobro bass resonator w/ D'Addario XL nickel roundwound strings.
- Various simple old brazilwood French and German model bows + a nice old Dragonetti bow.
- db strings: Lenzner Supersolo jazz gut G&D + SuperSensitive Sensicore solo A&E.
- Realist pickup.
- Vox T-60, Eko Xb50 amps.
- Pops rosin & a number of various pedal effects.
- Red Elisa Lakanen upright flight case (great Finnish discontinued travel hard case).
- Gigs and Ensembles:
- Busy as sideman and co-leader in a huge number of bands and different situations. I also lead my own 4tet THE ERASERHEADS
- Previously Owned Gear:
- Too much stuff ...
- Influences and Teachers:
- Travels, Charlie Haden, Thomas Morgan, Ben Street, Trevor Dunn, Scott La Faro, Larry Grenadier, Paul Chambers, Paul Mc Cartney, Greg Cohen, Tony Scherr, Edgar Meyer, Jimmy Garrison, Lee Rocker, Mark Carew, Anders Christensen, Andy Rourke, Peter Kowald, Alfred Hitchcock, Rod Serling, Salvador Dalì, Ernesto Che Guevara, Glenn Gould, J.S.Bach, Saul Bass ...
- Hobbies and Interests:
- films,reading,surfing online. Collective independent label www.elgallorojorecords.com
I teach jazz double bass in the following conservatories : Rovigo, Ferrara, Padova and Cesena. I've taught 3 years at the annual summer camp in Chioggia for VenetoJazz, being part of the New School faculty of New York.
- Available for Instruction?:
- Double Bass Instruction