- Last Activity:
- Feb 10, 2016 at 4:40 AM
- Dec 18, 2004
- Likes Received:
- Trophy Points:
Male, 43, from Bologna, Italy
- basstef was last seen:
- Engaged in conversation, Feb 10, 2016 at 4:40 AM
- May 30, 1972 (Age: 43)
- Home Page:
- Bologna, Italy
- freelance musician & teacher
- Current Setup:
- 4/4 circa 1900 German gamba flatback bass.
- 1/2 circa 1850 J.Bina Czech gamba flatback bass. (I use it as a fly-travel bass).
- 3/4 circa 1950 Framus black gamba roundback bass w/ white bindings.
- 1964 VOX Cougar semihollow electric bass.
- modern Ozark Dobro bass guitar resonator.
- Alfred Knoll shop French model roundstick pernambuco.
- db strings: Pirastro Pizzicato nylon on gut G, Pirastro Oliv D,A + Thomastik Spirocore Medium E for the big old German; Various gut & steel bumped strings for the Framus.
- Realist pickups (old German & Bina); k&k bass max + k&k fb pickup + k&k dual channel pro preamp (Framus).
- Fishman Platinum Stage preamp/ D.I.
- Vox T15, T25, T60, Markbass Micormark 801 & 1967 Vox Essex Amps
- Pops rosin & a number of various pedal effects.
- Mooradian & TKL bags & Elisa Lakanen red upright bass flight case (great Finnish discontinued travel hard case).
- Gigs and Ensembles:
- Busy as sideman and co-leader in a huge number of bands and different situations. I also lead my own two 4tets : ERASERHEADS, and ZZ BOTTOM
- Previously Owned Gear:
- Too much stuff ...
- Influences and Teachers:
- Travels, Charlie Haden, Thomas Morgan, Ben Street, Larry Grenadier, Paul Chambers, Paul Mc Cartney, Edgar Meyer, Andy Rourke, Peter Kowald, Alfred Hitchcock, Rod Serling, Salvador Dalì, Pablo Casals, Ernesto Che Guevara, Glenn Gould, J.S.Bach, Saul Bass ...
- Hobbies and Interests:
- films,reading,surfing online.
I teach jazz double bass in the following Italian conservatories : Rovigo and Padova. I've also been teaching for 4 years at the annual summer camp in Chioggia for VenetoJazz, being part of the New School faculty of New York.
- Available for Instruction?:
- Double Bass Instruction
Play guitar too? Become a founding member of TalkGuitar.com