- Last Activity:
- Oct 19, 2014 at 3:05 PM
- Dec 4, 2013
- Likes Received:
- Trophy Points:
Share This Page
Fun with a k all day!, Male, from Syracuse NY
Living it up and while we're going down! Jun 30, 2014
- Brother Goose was last seen:
- Oct 19, 2014 at 3:05 PM
- July 18
- Home Page:
- Syracuse NY
- Farmer-Marketing Strategist-Massage Therapist
- Current Setup:
Warmoth Gecko 6 strings. (Fretted maple/ash- fretless ebony/koa)
Carvin B1500 amp. SWR Goliath II 410 and JBL Thiele 15.
- Favorite Genres:
- Funk, Soul, R&B, Gospel, Reggae, Indian Classical, 70's Fusion, Disco, Old School Hip-Hop, and "other".
- Gigs and Ensembles:
- The Nasty Truth (funk), Hoffmann Family Band (classic R&B), Various churches, studio/sub work.
- Previously Owned Gear:
- Fender P (81 usa), Alembic Persuader 5, Franken-Fender Fretless PJ, Modulus Quantum 5, Ken Smith BT 6, KSD 705, Ibanez Musician, g&l sb-2, Ibanez SDGR 506, Ibanez GSR w EMGs, and Memphis P bass
- G.A.S. List:
Ken Smith BT-6 #237, Wide Necked 5 strings to thump (Gecko), Semi-hollow 6 string fretless (Elrick or similar), Kala UBass Fretless, a nice Upright, and a house on the farm to store them all!
Also looking for a small combo amp and fEARFUL stack.
- Influences and Teachers:
- Papa, Mama, My local gurus (Devery Battle, Andy Jordan, Steve Winston), James Brown/Bootsy, Stanley, Jaco P, Louis Johnson, Chuck Rainey, Marcus, Bunny B (technique), Paul Jackson (what a groove), Kim Clarke (attitude), Sade, Jamiroquai, Victor Wooten (mostly his wonderful shining personality) and all of the great bassists from Motown/Stax/Sun/Muscle Shoals and countless hits from the past.
- Hobbies and Interests:
- Bow hunting/archery, farming (grass fed beef and heirloom vegetables), fitness/self-defense, forestry/land management, dancing, tequila, cooking, spiritual growth, and being the best Husband/Brother/Son possible!
I am grateful to be the son of a former epic recording artist (Jam Factory circa 1970) and Go-Go dancer who instilled a love for sweet funky soul music in the womb. We (the youngest of three-two older sisters) grew up singing country gospel and R&B on family adventures.
- (visitor from Planet Funktron)
A child of the 80's, I knew the source of ALL of the rhythm hooks from the "golden age of Hip-Hop" and looked forward to being a bassist when I grew up. (made it to 6'3" but am not getting any more mature)
My father and sister perform in our "family band" and I front "The Nasty Truth" which doubles as an Evangelical Church of James Brown. I've also been blessed with a recent recording project/band "Good Ghost" and am seeking to grow in my playing as a sub/studio player.
Currently I am working with a friend (WarriorJoe7) to simplify my basses to two six strings and a very robust rig- I like the idea of taking my entire bass world to a gig and sharing it all with the audience. (no "case queens" stashed under the bed)
In the immortal words of my Mama:
"Play the spaces, Son" -let the spaces exist don't fill them up
"Don't fool the dancers"
"The band sounded great once I shot a couple fingers off the bass player."
Gustav "Brother Goose" Hoffmann