Welcome to TalkBass, the Premier Bass Player Community and Information Source. We've been uniting the Low End Since 1998!
We're glad you've found us. Register a 100% Free Account to post and unlock tons of features.
- Last Activity:
- Dec 9, 2014
- Dec 26, 2012
- Likes Received:
- Trophy Points:
Share This Page
"Always play beautifully.", Male, from Dallas, TX
No beat like the the up beat. Sep 12, 2014
- Craig Green was last seen:
- Dec 9, 2014
- Home Page:
- Dallas, TX
- Current Setup:
- Gotthardt string bass, Laborie end-pin, Realist lifeline pick up, Velvet Blues, Lakland Skyline 5 string, Acoustic B450
- Favorite Genres:
- Gigs and Ensembles:
- 6 o' clock Lab band
- G.A.S. List:
- Influences and Teachers:
- Lynn Seaton, Jonathan Fisher, Phil McNeese, Ray Brown, Rufus Reid, Ron Carter, Paul Chambers, Oscar Pettiford, Jimmy Blanton, Sam Jones, Charlie Parker, Lee Konitz, Sonny Rollins, Bob Brookmeyer, Bud Powell, Thelonious Monk, Charles Mingus, Duke Ellington, Oscar Peterson, Ahmad Jamal, Israel Crosby, John Coltrane, John Goldsby, Cachao, Francois Rabbath, Jeff Bradetich, Kate Jones, Clifford Brown, Bob Brookmeyer, Gil Evans, Cannonball Adderley, Ben Webster, Clark Terry.
- Hobbies and Interests:
- Reading, camping, philosophy, theology.
My name is Craig Green, and I'm a bass player. I'm a sophomore studying jazz performance at the University of North Texas under Lynn Seaton, and Jeff Bradetich. Before I attended UNT, I was a student at Booker T. Washington High School for the Performing and Visual Arts studying jazz.
- Available for Instruction?:
- Bass Guitar Instruction
- Double Bass Instruction
My first experiences with music were in church and in elementary school band, however I never felt much attachment to it until my dad gave me my first guitar in middle school. After going to an audition and seeing that no bassists turned up to audition, I decided to start learning bass from my dad. I tried to emulate Flea of the Red Hot Chili Peppers, and Chris Squire of Yes. An uncle of mine gave me some Weather Report albums and I discovered jazz. I started playing the upright in high school and studied with Buddy Mohmed, Jonathan Fisher, and Phil McNeese. I also started playing in Northwest Bible Church's band weekly, and playing jazz around Dallas.
Since arriving at UNT, I've been privileged with some awesome, and generous teachers such as Kate Jones, and Lynn Seaton. They have really inspired me to want teach, and also find joy in playing music. I'm currently living in the DFW area.
SignatureCheck out my website and blog!