- Last Activity:
- Apr 1, 2015 at 7:32 PM
- Jun 15, 2000
- Likes Received:
- Trophy Points:
- Marlton, NJ
Share This Page
Talkbass Top 10 all time lowest talent/gear ratio, Male, from Marlton, NJ
Gold Supporting Member
- dave64o was last seen:
- Viewing thread Fuzzrocious Grey Stache(small enclosure) Kid Paint, Apr 1, 2015 at 7:32 PM
- Marlton, NJ
- Current Setup:
- Stingray 5 HH (bought from TB'er JOEY SQUID 6/1/2007)
- USA Precision V (bought from TB'er mrpackerguy, 9/28/2008)
- SX SJB-62 5-string Sunburst - Became a project bass in 11/2012. Replaced literally EVERYTHING except the body wood and the neck plate.
- Tobias Toby Pro 4 string (pawn shop) - Replaced the stock preamp with a 4-band Audere
- SX SJB-62 5-string fretless, Lake Placid Blue (going up for sale soon)
- G-K MB150S combo
- Two G-K MB500 heads (bought the first from TB'er Gecko 5 4/2011; bought the 2nd from TB'er JI99 in 1/2015)
- G-K 1001RB-II (bought from TB'er xcental34x 3/06)
- Bergantino AE410 (bought from TB'er davidjbass, 4/2012)
- 2 completely customized Dr. Bass Rx 112 cabinets: 1) Eminence Deltalite II 2512 Neos, 2) the Eminence APT 80 horn Marc was using in the originalBL series, 3) the crossover from the original BL series, and 4) an extra Speakon jack Marc did for free for, wired for bi-amping with my G-K head.
- Roland Micro Cube Bass (bought from TB'er Tommygunn 2/2011)
- Line 6 G50 - bought 1/2015 from Q-Ban-Moe
- Boss CE-5 Chorus Ensemble - bought 2/2015 from sporad
- MXR M87 Bass Compressor - bought 3/2015 from mwbonsall
- Polytune 2 tuner - one of my few and rare new gear purchases!
CLUBS: G-K #283; Dr. Bass #5; SX Club Member in Good Standing; Fretless #29; T&B #1; I Am Not Worthy #2; Bacon #15; 5-String #225; Mediocre Bassists #53; NJ Bassists #27; Stingray Club #46; Geddy Lee #4001; P5 Club M.G.S.
- Favorite Genres:
- Progressive rock, classic rock, blues rock, southern rock, blues, jazz, classical
- Gigs and Ensembles:
- Just joined a currently unnamed southern rock startup. Working on building up a big enough song list first before making plans to play out.
- Previously Owned Gear:
- ESP LTD B204 (bought in store and returned during return window)
- Eden Nemesis NSP115 cabinet (bought in store and returned during return window)
- MIM Jazz Deluxe V (sold to TB'er 95JettaCity 2/06, who sold it to TB'er Toneonbass 8/06, who sold it to TB'er bigbeefdog)
- Lakland 55-02 (sold to TB'er ric426 4/10/2007, who sold it to TB'er Blues Bass 2 in 8/2007, who traded it to TB'er refinedbass 9/2007)
- Stingray 5 HH (bought from TB'er Ace of Bass 12/2006, sold to TB'er jasper383 9/2007, who sold it to someone in Germany)
- Mid 90's Fujijen Ibanez SR1305PM fretless (sold it to TB'er Marcury 2/2008, bought from TB'er Justin Tuskey (FKA jusballs13) 11/2007, who bought it from TB'er jtlee, who bought it on eBay from the original owner)
- 50th Anniversary MIA Jazz Deluxe V fretless (bought from 0utlier 2/21/2008, traded to former TB'er DrFunkenstein, in 11/2010,who was banned as a result of this trade with me and his previous trade with TB'er a_magg (a_magg is a good guy!))
- Peavey Millennium BXP AC 4 string (bought in store and returned during return window)
- 2006 Warwick FNA Jazzman 5 (Sold it to a co-worker 11/2012. Got in trade with former TB'er DrFunkenstein in 11/2010, who's now banned as a result of our trade and his previous trade with TB'er a_magg, which is where he got the FNA from a few weeks earlier. BTW, a_magg is a good guy!)
- G.A.S. List:
Contrary to Talkbass policy, I'm very happy with what I have now, so GAS is low.
Having said that, I wouldn't mind trying a G&L L-2500, a Sterling 5, a Bongo 5, or a Reflex 5. I might be willing to sell off some little used gear to fund one of those. Might. Probably for the G&L. Maybe to fund a fEARless cabinet.
- Influences and Teachers:
- Many of the classic and progressive rock bassists often mentioned here, such as Dave Hope (well, he's not rarely mentioned but he should be!), Geddy Lee, Mike Rutherford, John Paul Jones, Roger Glover, John Wetton, Graham Maby, Sting, Michael Anthony, Adam Clayton. Just starting to scratch the surface of the blues and jazz greats....
- Hobbies and Interests:
- My family, music, photography, computers, exercise, reading, wine making
Yeah, I suck, I know that. But at least I suck a little less than I did yesterday.
Gear list and "club memberships" in profile