- Last Activity:
- Jul 6, 2015 at 10:20 AM
- Jun 15, 2000
- Likes Received:
- Trophy Points:
- Marlton, NJ
Share This Page
Talkbass Top 10 all time lowest talent/gear ratio, Male, from Marlton, NJ
Gold Supporting Member
- dave64o was last seen:
- Viewing thread Empress Comp, MXR Bass Octave Deluxe & JohnK Barbershop Clone, Jul 6, 2015 at 10:20 AM
- Marlton, NJ
- Current Setup:
- Stingray 5 HH (bought from TB'er JOEY SQUID 6/1/2007)
- USA Precision V (bought from TB'er mrpackerguy, 9/28/2008)
- SX SJB-62 5-string Sunburst - Became a project bass in 11/2012. Replaced literally EVERYTHING except the body wood and neck plate.
- Tobias Toby Pro 4 string (pawn shop) - Replaced the stock preamp with a 4-band Audere
- SX SJB-62 5-string fretless, Lake Placid Blue
- G-K MB150S combo - bought used at GC
- Two G-K MB500 heads (bought 1st fromTB'er Gecko 5 4/2011; bought 2nd from TB'er JI99 in 1/2015)
- G-K 1001RB-II (bought from TB'er xcental34x 3/06)
- Bergantino AE410 (bought from TB'er davidjbass, 4/2012)
- 2 completely customized Dr. Bass Rx 112 cabinets: 1) Eminence Deltalite II 2512 Neos, 2) Eminence APT 80 horn Marc was using in the original BL series, and 3) crossover from the original BL series. IOW it's a BL Neo in an RX cabinet. Marc also added a second Speakon jack for free, wired for bi-amping with my G-K head.
- Roland Micro Cube Bass (bought from TB'er Tommygunn 2/2011)
- Line 6 G50 wireless - bought 1/2015 from Q-Ban-Moe
- Boss CE-5 Chorus Ensemble - bought 2/2015 from sporad
- MXR M87 Bass Compressor - bought 3/2015 from mwbonsall
- Darkglass Vintage Microtubes overdrive - bought 4/2105 from rhino333
- Bearfoot FX Blueberry - bought used from AMJBASS 5/2015
- Polytune 2 Mini tuner - bought used from jammadave 6/2015
- Sansamp BDDI - bought new many years ago
- EHX Bass Soul Food overdrive - rare new gear purchase
- Joyo American Sound overdrive - rare new gear purchase
- Polytune 2 tuner - rare new gear purchase
- T-Rex Quint Machine - rare new gear purchase (B-stock)
CLUBS: G-K #283; Dr. Bass #5; SX Club Member in Good Standing; Fretless #29 (I no longer own a fretless, but i would like to try again someday); T&B #1; I Am Not Worthy #2; Bacon #15; 5-String #225; Mediocre Bassists #53; NJ Bassists #27; Stingray Club #46; Geddy Lee #4001; P5 Club M.in G.S.
- Favorite Genres:
- Progressive rock, classic rock, blues rock, southern rock, blues, jazz, classical
- Gigs and Ensembles:
- Just joined a currently unnamed southern rock startup. Working on building up a big enough song list first before making plans to play out.
- Previously Owned Gear:
- ESP LTD B204
- Eden Nemesis NSP115 cabinet
- MIM Jazz Deluxe V
- Lakland 55-02
- Stingray 5 HH
- Mid 90's Fujijen Ibanez SR1305PM fretless
- 50th Anniversary MIA Jazz Deluxe V fretless
- Peavey Millennium BXP AC 4 string
- 2006 Warwick FNA Jazzman 5
- Two SX SJX-62's (bought to use for parts to "frankenstein" a parts bass)
- G.A.S. List:
Contrary to Talkbass policy, I'm very happy with what I have now, so GAS is low.
Having said that, I wouldn't mind trying a G&L L-2500, a Sterling 5, a Bongo 5, or a Reflex 5. I might be willing to sell off some little used gear to fund one of those. Might. Probably for an L-2500.
- Influences and Teachers:
- Many of the classic and progressive rock bassists often mentioned here, such as Dave Hope (well, he's rarely mentioned here but he should be!), Geddy Lee, Mike Rutherford, John Paul Jones, Roger Glover, John Wetton, Graham Maby, Sting, Leon Wilkeson,Michael Anthony, Adam Clayton. Just starting to scratch the surface of the blues and jazz greats....
- Hobbies and Interests:
- My family, music, photography, computers, exercise, reading, wine making
Yeah, I suck, I know that. But at least I suck a little less than I did yesterday.
Gear list and "club memberships" in profile