- Last Activity:
- Aug 1, 2014 at 2:21 AM
- Jun 15, 2000
- Likes Received:
- Trophy Points:
- Marlton, NJ
Share This Page
A legendary low talent/gear ratio!, Male, from Marlton, NJ
Gold Supporting Member
- dave64o was last seen:
- [On BYO]Managing account details, Aug 1, 2014 at 2:21 AM
- Marlton, NJ
- Current Setup:
- Stingray 5 HH (bought from TB'er JOEY SQUID 6/1/2007)
- USA Precision V (bought from TB'er mrpackerguy, 9/28/2008)
- SX SJB-62 5-string Sunburst - Became a project bass in 11/2012. Replaced literally EVERYTHING except the body wood and the neck plate.
- Tobias Toby Pro 4 string (pawn shop) - added a bone nut, leveled the frets, and replaced the stock preamp with a 4-band Audere
- SX SJB-62 5-string fretless, Lake Placid Blue (going up for sale soon)
- G-K MB150S combo
- G-K MB500 (bought from TB'er Gecko 5 4/2011)
- G-K 1001RB-II (bought from TB'er xcental34x 3/06)
- Bergantino AE410 (bought from TB'er davidjbass, 4/2012)
- 2 completely customized Dr. Bass Rx 112 cabinets: 1) Eminence Deltalite II 2512 Neos, 2) the Eminence APT 80 horn Marc was using in the old BL series, 3) the BL series crossover, and 4) an extra Speakon jack Marc did for free for, wired for bi-amping with my G-K head.
- Roland Micro Cube Bass (bought from TB'er Tommygunn 2/2011)
CLUBS: G-K #283; Dr. Bass #5; SX Club Member in Good Standing; Fretless #29; T&B #1; I Am Not Worthy #2; Bacon #15; 5-String #225; Mediocre Bassists #53; NJ Bassists #27; Stingray Club #46; Geddy Lee #4001; P5 Club M.G.S.
- Gigs and Ensembles:
- Making glacially slow progress on a CD of originals with a guitarist friend
- Previously Owned Gear:
- ESP LTD B204 (bought in store and returned during return window)
- Eden Nemesis NSP115 cabinet (bought in store and returned during return window)
- MIM Jazz Deluxe V (sold to TB'er 95JettaCity 2/06, who sold it to TB'er Toneonbass 8/06, who sold it to TB'er bigbeefdog)
- Lakland 55-02 (sold to TB'er ric426 4/10/2007, who sold it to TB'er Blues Bass 2 in 8/2007, who traded it to TB'er refinedbass 9/2007)
- Stingray 5 HH (bought from TB'er Ace of Bass 12/2006, sold to TB'er jasper383 9/2007, who sold it to someone in Germany)
- Mid 90's Fujijen Ibanez SR1305PM fretless (sold it to TB'er Marcury 2/2008, bought from TB'er Justin Tuskey (FKA jusballs13) 11/2007, who bought it from TB'er jtlee, who bought it on eBay from the original owner)
- 50th Anniversary MIA Jazz Deluxe V fretless (bought from 0utlier 2/21/2008, traded to former TB'er DrFunkenstein, in 11/2010,who was banned as a result of this trade with me and his previous trade with TB'er a_magg (a_magg is a good guy!))
- Peavey Millennium BXP AC 4 string (bought in store and returned during return window)
- 2006 Warwick FNA Jazzman 5 (Sold it to a co-worker 11/2012. Got in trade with former TB'er DrFunkenstein in 11/2010, who's now banned as a result of our trade and his previous trade with TB'er a_magg, which is where he got the FNA from a few weeks earlier. BTW, a_magg is a good guy!)
- G.A.S. List:
Contrary to Talkbass policy, I'm very happy with what I have now, so GAS is low.
Having said that, I wouldn't mind trying a Sterling 5, an L-2500, a Bongo 5, or a Reflex 5. I might be willing to trade one of my basses for one of those. Might.
- Influences and Teachers:
Instructor: Arnez Hayes.
Influences: primarily many of the classic and progressive rock bassists often mentioned here, such as Dave Hope (well, he's not mentioned so often, but he should be!), Geddy Lee, Mike Rutherford, John Paul Jones, Roger Glover, John Wetton, Graham Maby, Sting, Michael Anthony, Adam Clayton. Just starting to scratch the surface of the blues and jazz greats....
- Hobbies and Interests:
- Being a dad, music, photography, and computers
Yeah, I suck, I know that. But at least I suck a little less than I did yesterday.
Gear list and "club memberships" in profile