Welcome to TalkBass 2014! If you're new here, we just went through a major site upgrade. Please post all concerns and bugs to the Forum Usage Issues forum. We will be monitoring that forum. Thank you for all of your feedback.
The TalkBass iphone/android app is NOT WORKING currently. We're working on it. Tapatalk IS working, so if you need to use an app, use Tapatalk. Try using your browser though - TalkBass is now 100% responsive to your phone/tablet screen size ;)
Please read the TalkBass 2014 FAQ for lots of great info on the new software.
- Last Activity:
- Apr 15, 2014 at 7:21 PM
- Feb 20, 2004
- Likes Received:
- Trophy Points:
Share This Page
from Charlotte, NC
- DaveAceofBass was last seen:
- Apr 15, 2014 at 7:21 PM
- Home page:
- Charlotte, NC
- Current Setup:
- Kinal custom SK5, Sadowsky NYC 24-fret 5-string, Modulus VJ Deluxe with U-Retro Deluxe Preamp, Hamer Cruisebass 5-string fretless with 2Tek bridge, Linc Luthier custom 5-string Impression Bass, Lakland Bob Glaub PJ, Knutson Messenger Custom DLX Electric Upright, Kolstein Guarneri Upright Bass w/B-Band D1 Pickup, 1930s King Mortone Upright Bass w/Fishman Full Circle Pickup, Prochownik French Bass Bow, Siefert French Bass Bow, Aguilar DB750, Gallien-Krueger MB Fusion, Accugroove Whappo Jr. and Tri112L, Bag End SX15-D, Acoustic Image Coda Series III, Analog Man Clone Chorus, MXR M-188 Bass Auto Q, MXR Envelope Filter, EBS Black Label Octabass, Demeter Compulator, Fulltone BassDrive, , John East STMP-01, Digitech JamMan, Alesis SR-16.
- Favorite Genres:
- Jazz, Rock, Funk, Fusion, Classical, and Christian
- Gigs and Ensembles:
- The Mark Stallings Trio; Hickory Grove Baptist Church (www.hgbc.org); Freelance jazz, rock, classical, and theater gigs.
- Previously Owned Gear:
- Kinal DK5; Kinal MK-5B; Linc Luthier custom 6-string Bass; Linc Luthier 4-string Fretless Bass; KSD 60s Proto-J 4-string Fretless; Modulus Genesis 5-string; Carvin LB76F six-string fretless; Ampeg SVT-3 Pro; SWR SM-500; SWR Bigfoot; Aguilar DB359 and AG500 heads; Aguilar GS112, GS115, and GS210 cabs; Acme Low B-1; EHX Bass Micro Synth; EHX Black Finger; Chunk Sytems Agent 00Funk Mark II and Brown Dog; Aphex Bass XCiter; B-Band Statement System
- Influences and Teachers:
- Dave Pellow (Carnegie Mellon University), Bill Pace (University of Miami), Don Coffman (U of M), Dr. Lucas Drew (U of M), Brad Russell(U of M/Broadway/Mariah Carey), Mike Mosley (UNC Charlotte), Matt Bonelli (U of M/BeeGees), Jeff Mangone (Duquesne University), Ray Brown, Francois Rabbath, Jaco Pastorius, John Patitucci, Milt Hinton, Paul Chambers, John Clayton, Rufus Reid, Christian McBride, Charlie Haden, Chris Wood, Adam Nitti, Trip Wamsley, Oteil Burbridge, Victor Wooten, Nathan East, James Jamerson, Gerard Benson, Ron Brendle, Tom Hildreth, Paul Thompson, Dwayne Dolphin
- Hobbies and Interests:
- Teaching Music, Travel
SignatureBand Director & Professional Bassist
Sadowsky Club #374, Lakland Owner's Group #462