Welcome to TalkBass, the Premier Bass Player Community and Information Source. We've been uniting the Low End Since 1998!
We're glad you've found us. Register a 100% Free Account to post and unlock tons of features.
- Last Activity:
- Nov 14, 2014
- Jun 2, 2012
- Likes Received:
- Trophy Points:
Share This Page
Steve Doner, Male, from Metro Chicago Area
Gold Supporting Member
- Doner Designs was last seen:
- Nov 14, 2014
- Home Page:
- Metro Chicago Area
- Finance & Accounting Executive
- Current Setup:
- Stingray HH, G&L M2500, Fender Mustang, SpectorCore fretless, Franken-J and Warmoth-72 P Markbass amplification. Audere preamps in Mustang, Spectorcore, Franken-J and Warmoth-72 P. LaBella 1954 flats tuned BEAD. Markbass amplification - pair of 1x12's (combo plus extension mini stack) for one setup and Alain Caron Lite 121 for the other rig.
- Favorite Genres:
- Blues, classic rock, jazz
- Gigs and Ensembles:
- My hobby gig is bass building/modifying.
- Previously Owned Gear:
- Same as current
- G.A.S. List:
- Enough time and money to try all my ideas
- Influences and Teachers:
- Some of our ideas have been inspired by custom cycle makers like Orange County Chopper as well as Corvette mod shops like Lingenfelter Performance Engineering.
- Hobbies and Interests:
- Bass building and modifying
I am not a luthier or a company. I work in accounting as a day job. As a hobby I like to modify my small collection of basses. Approximately once per year my son and I build a theme guitar or bass and donate it to one of our favorite charities using the name Doner Designs. The charities then auction the guitars to raise funds for their causes. We do this both for fun and to support causes we believe in.
- Doner Designs is an alias for Steve Doner
Passing GAS may be reduced by a voluntary 21 day quarantine after exposure to new gear.
(Doner Designs is not a business or commercial enterprise. It is the name/brand that my son and I use in connection with the 1-2 guitars/basses that we build and donate to charity each year as well as personal projects. We do not sell guitars/basses.)