- Last Activity:
- Aug 27, 2014 at 3:31 PM
- Aug 21, 2013
- Likes Received:
- Trophy Points:
- Southwest Virginia
Share This Page
from Southwest Virginia
- EdwardofHuncote was last seen:
- [On BYO]Viewing forum list, Aug 27, 2014 at 3:31 PM
- Southwest Virginia
- Current Setup:
An unattributed flat back/carved top double-bass circa 1850.
An unattributed laminated European (pre WW2 Germany) bass, fractional sized, long scale,
2007 Rick Turner Electroline 535-PMM,
2010 Rick Turner Renaissance RB5 Standard,
2013 Rick Turner Renaissance RB5 Custom Fretless,
2001 Godin SD-5,
2001 Godin A5 fretless,
1989 Alembic "Persuader" 5-string,
1987 Gibson Bass V,
1967 Kalamazoo KB bass (Gibson EB-0)
Mesa-Boogie WalkAbout/Scout (with a Scout 12 extension cab)
Crate Acoustic CA125,
DTar Equinox preamp,
ART Tube V preamp
MXR M83 Chorus Deluxe,
MXR M87 Compressor,
Boss Bass Chorus CE-3,
- Favorite Genres:
- whatever jam I'm playing at the time... I just love to play, doesn't matter much what kind of music.
- Gigs and Ensembles:
- Have basses, will travel...
- Previously Owned Gear:
- I tend to keep gear forever... or abandon it at rest stops.
- G.A.S. List:
- An old Alembic Series 1 or 2... eventually. (but a Distillate fiver would do...)
- Influences and Teachers:
- John McVie, Rick Danko, Mark Schatz, Edgar Meyer, Victor Wooten, Stanley Clarke, George Hawkins, Viktor Krauss, and of course, Mark "Rabbit" Ramsey and Jerry Steinberg! Tal Wilkenfeld... well, she just ROCKS!
Formerly a full-time player, active from 1994-2001. These days, just a fairly busy guy working a Monday thru Friday 8-5 job, meanwhile trying to maintain a decent rep as a "weekend warrior" bassist. Never experienced "the burnout"... I still love to play, and gigging with a wide variety of ensembles around Southwest Virginia affords me a way to keep my chops up, and a means for acquiring really nice gear I could never afford as a musician.
- Hobbies and Interests:
- Is there anything else...?
Signature"Well... because the bassline is kinda' what I do." ~John McVie