Welcome to TalkBass, the Premier Bass Player Community and Information Source. We've been uniting the Low End Since 1998!
We're glad you've found us. Register a 100% Free Account to post and unlock tons of features.
- Last Activity:
- Oct 26, 2014
- Dec 12, 1999
- Likes Received:
- Trophy Points:
Share This Page
Mad showoff 7-stringer and Wish lover, Male, 57, from NW suburban Chicago
- eli was last seen:
- Oct 26, 2014
- Jun 2, 1957 (Age: 57)
- Home Page:
- NW suburban Chicago
- Current Setup:
- Conklin Groove Tools GT7 and GT7F (fretted and fretless); 5-string Wishbass "Arrow"; G&L L2500 tribute; Cort Curbow fretless 5-str; two SX J5s, one old headstock and one Ursa; 3/4 size German plywood string bass with carved top; '02 Carvin R600 head; Carvin 500w 15" spk in a Sonic Micromini cab; custom Schroeder 1515+L; Stewart World 2.1 power amp; homemade pedalboard w/Boss OC-3 octave, OD-3 overdrive, Boss CEB-3 Bass chorus, GE-7 EQ, Digitech Bass Overdrive, Ibanez Weeping Demon wah; 6-space Roto rack holding Carvin BX-500 head plus a Carvin a/b switch, a Nanoverb, a BBE sonic maximizer, and a Tech 21 Acoustic DI; DTar Equinox (AWESOME for removing feedback!); 1929 Conn 32K BBb 3-valve sousaphone
- Favorite Genres:
- Fusion, jazz, classic rock
- Gigs and Ensembles:
- Thunder Road (classic rock/Springsteen tribute), and gotten to play a few gigs with the Bad Examples!
- Previously Owned Gear:
- Carvin LB76F and LB76 (loved 'em but went 7!); Carvin PB500 head -- nice, but wanted the newer 2-space R600. Also got a Carvin lightweight BX500 that is currently misbehaving...
- G.A.S. List:
25-lb 800W combo that fits on my front seat
4-valve BBb sousaphone
cheap fretless 5s (it's an addiction)
- Influences and Teachers:
- Rocco and Jaco! Plenty of Jamerson in there too, and a few Verdine White licks in the ballads.
Sure, I have a day job that pays the bills... but really -- I'm a bass player.
- Hobbies and Interests:
Signature"Bought an SX for the he** of it" Club #273
Wishbass club #1235
Bassists Who Drive Manual Club #85