Welcome to TalkBass, the Premier Bass Player Community and Information Source. We've been uniting the Low End Since 1998!
We're glad you've found us. Register a 100% Free Account to post and unlock tons of features.
- Last Activity:
- May 28, 2014
- Jan 9, 2004
- Likes Received:
- Trophy Points:
Share This Page
33, from Asheville, NC
- funkcicle was last seen:
- May 28, 2014
- Jan 9, 1981 (Age: 33)
- Home Page:
- Asheville, NC
- Current Setup:
2002 Modulus VJ bass, Warmoth mutt fretless J-bass, '74 Matsumoku semihollow, and a half dozen or so misc.... but mostly just the Modulus.
Various Ampeg combinations (2x10, 8x10, 8x6, 4x10, 1x15, even a pair of B100R's in stereo) w SVT heads.
Moogerfoogers. Leslie sims. POG. Loop station.
- Favorite Genres:
- jazz(old and new), funk(old and new), R&B(old and new), Rock(old and new), country(pre-1980).
- Gigs and Ensembles:
- Silver Machine, Count Blastula, The Skunkapotamus Players, Soul Risin', Plainman Brown, Wayfarers All
- Previously Owned Gear:
- Taylor and Seagull guitars, myriads of gadgets and effects, and a tuba or two.
- G.A.S. List:
- . o O ( alembic. . . )
- Influences and Teachers:
- Francois Thuiller, Thelonious Monk, Rocco Prestia, Tom Waits, Charles Mingus, Jaco Pastorius, Lewis Carroll, Andy Hess, Steve Swallow, Scott LaFaro, Rufus Reid, Chris Wood, Oteil Burbridge, did I mention Steve Swallow? Steve Swallow.
- Hobbies and Interests:
- reading, writing, dancing, dreaming.