- Last Activity:
- Jan 31, 2014
- Nov 21, 2003
- Likes Received:
- Trophy Points:
36, from Saint Louis, Missouri 63141
- FXmonster78 was last seen:
- Jan 31, 2014
- Dec 1, 1978 (Age: 36)
- Home Page:
- Saint Louis, Missouri 63141
- Current Setup:
Modified (cheap) 4-string fretless w/J-style maple neck with fretlines so I can see where my fingers are "supposed" to be. Passive electronics (p-style @neck, j-style @bridge). This is a bass forum so I won't get into all of the guitars I like to use... I've got six guitars and an autoharp, but I've only got one bass.
RotoSound Flatwound strings
Carvin Tapewound strings
Ernie Ball Super Slinky Strings
*Korg ToneWorks AX30B, and also have two AX30G's
*Digitech XP300 Space Station, RP500, Screamin' Blues OD
*Dunlop CryBaby 105Q, 535Q Wah-wahs
*late 1980's ProCo Rat (with the LM308 IC chip!)
*Boss MT-2 Metal Zone, DS-1 Distortion, SP-202 Dr. Sample
*Danelectro Pastrami OD, BLT Slap Echo, Corned Beef Reverb, Hash Browns Flanger, Tuna Melt Tremolo
*DOD FX20B Stereo Phaser, VoTEC Vocal Processor, 512 (rackmount) Stereo FX processor
*Ibanez RC99 Rotary Chorus, AF2 Airplane Flanger
*Vox V847 Wah-wah
*Line6 POD 2.0
*Behringer Tube Ultra-Q, Eurorack UB1202, UCA202
*dBX 266XL Compressor/Limiter/Expander
*Furman Power Conditioner
*Casio CTK-651, MT-240
*Yamaha PSS-270, DD-55
*Crate PowerBlock (got two of these), VC2110R
*Tech21 2x12 Cabinet
*Tascam PortaStudio 424mkII (still works of course)
*SoundTech B5 cabinet
*desktop running Windows 7 with Ableton Live 8, Steinberg CubaseLE, and a Tascam US-1641, and an AKAI APC40.
*Asus EeePC laptop running Lubuntu 10.04, with Ardour, Audacity, qjackctrl, Hydrogen... oh dear, I seem to have become a Linux geek...
- Favorite Genres:
- Anything and Everything.
- Gigs and Ensembles:
- Nowhere yet.
- G.A.S. List:
- Umm, maybe something freakishly loud? Like several hundred watts? With a lot of speakers and good compression and good equalizers and tube preamps? And more than one bass? Maybe a collection of basses? Fretted and fretless? Active and passive? Passive-aggressive?!?
- Influences and Teachers:
- Anything and everything. I used to work in a record store so I've listened to lots of stuff.
- Hobbies and Interests:
- Guitar, Synths, computers, singing