- Last Activity:
- Mar 22, 2015
- Jul 26, 2008
- Likes Received:
- Trophy Points:
Share This Page
"Theory and practice should be the same in theory, but seldom are in practice." Mar 22, 2015
- jedgargroover was last seen:
- Mar 22, 2015
- Current Setup:
- Fender 64 Precision Re-issue (90s/Japan) in sunburst with a MIJ Jazz Bass neck. Either D'Addario Chromes or D'Addario Slinkys.
- Favorite Genres:
- Jazz, Folk/Pop
- Previously Owned Gear:
- Lots of Fenders -- mostly MIA and MIJ P and Jazz basses, some Gibsons, a couple of Ibanez Prestige basses, Danelectros, a couple of Azola EUBs, a few uprights, lots of amps.
- G.A.S. List:
- 1960s Hofner Club, Tacoma Fretless Thunderchief, Rob Allen Deep 4 or Mouse, Mike Lull MV4.
- Influences and Teachers:
I've studied with Hill Greene, of the NYC Jazz Collective, on upright. He's the man. I've studied with Patrick Pfeiffer on electric bass guitar. He's awesome too. Great author (Bass for Dummies, etc.) as well.
I've been fortunate enough to receive some personal guidance from my friend and Pittsburgh Hall of Fame bassist, Rich Goods. I've also had the good fortune of having gotten some great advice via e-mail and at in-person clinics from the great Carol Kaye.
- Hobbies and Interests:
- My main hobby is being a NYC Public School Teacher. Music is my passion.
SignatureMusic, that magician of magician, who lifts his wand and says his mysterious word and all things real pass away and the phantoms of your mind walk before you clothed in flesh. - Twain