Welcome to TalkBass 2014! If you're new here, we just went through a major site upgrade. Please post all concerns and bugs to the Forum Usage Issues forum. We will be monitoring that forum. We are currently evaluating the "One Post Per Classified Ad" policy. Thank you for all of your feedback.
The TalkBass iphone/android app is NOT WORKING currently. We're working on it. Tapatalk IS working, so if you need to use an app, use Tapatalk. Try using your browser though - TalkBass is now 100% responsive to your phone/tablet screen size ;)
Please read the TalkBass 2014 FAQ for lots of great info on the new software.
- Last Activity:
- Apr 16, 2014 at 2:49 PM
- Mar 18, 2002
- Likes Received:
- Trophy Points:
Share This Page
Moderator, from Bloomington, IN
- Jeremy Allen was last seen:
- Performing moderation duties, Apr 16, 2014 at 2:49 PM
- Home page:
- Bloomington, IN
- Current Setup:
- ca.1950 Schuster 7/8; ca. 1930 Collin-Mezin 3/4; 2008 Fender Jazz V and 2008 Fender P V; G&L SB-2 fretless; Audiokinesis Thunderchild 12; EA Doubler; GK 1001RB; GK Neo 212; DPA 4099B; Realist. transducer
- Gigs and Ensembles:
- Here, there, and anyhere; with him, her, and anyone.
- Previously Owned Gear:
- Kay C-1, Bright Red "Factory-Carved" Romanian Flatback (ugh), that cruddy GK MB150, every string choice, all of the under-$200 pickups, Knutson Messenger EUB, 1969 P-bass (why did I sell that?!?), G&L L2000, Rickenbacker 4001; Eden WT400; Flite Sound downfiring 3-way 10" cab; Walter Woods Electracoustic Lo-Power; Euphonic Audio iAmp 800 (best amp ever! why did I sell THAT?!); Joseph Holovnia double bass (#5).
- Influences and Teachers:
- Cecil McBee and John Lockwood were my main teachers; inspired by all the usuals (Pettiford, Brown, Chambers, Sam Jones, LaFaro, Gomez, Mingus, Holland, pre-1968 Ron Carter, plus a little Marc Johnson and Scott Colley); James Jamerson, Carol Kaye, Sting.
- Hobbies and Interests:
- Food, wine, books. Being outside. Making sense of self-government and wise public administration.