Welcome to TalkBass 2014! If you're new here, we just went through a major site upgrade. Please post all concerns and bugs to the Forum Usage Issues forum. We will be monitoring that forum. We are currently evaluating the "One Post Per Classified Ad" policy. Thank you for all of your feedback.
The TalkBass iphone/android app is NOT WORKING currently. We're working on it. Tapatalk IS working, so if you need to use an app, use Tapatalk. Try using your browser though - TalkBass is now 100% responsive to your phone/tablet screen size ;)
Please read the TalkBass 2014 FAQ for lots of great info on the new software.
- Last Activity:
- Jan 12, 2014
- Feb 28, 2007
- Likes Received:
- Trophy Points:
Share This Page
from Oklahoma City, OK
- JohnnyNelson was last seen:
- Jan 12, 2014
- Home page:
- Oklahoma City, OK
- Current Setup:
- Tobias Fretless 5 and a Fender Jazz Lyte (modded). I basically use half of a small Carvin pa as a rig.
- Gigs and Ensembles:
- My main band is fun and really good jazz trio with my wife (she's awesome!). I also freelance often just about any style. Some studio sessions too.
- G.A.S. List:
- Fender Sting P w/good quality bridge, p/u and tuners.
- Influences and Teachers:
- Narrowing it down only to bassists the following come to mind: Charlie Haden - because he tells stories when he plays and taught me to not be afraid to slow down and make it mean something, Stevie Wonder - one of the best bass players EVER!, Ron Carter - always unpredictable and inventive, Steve Swallow - proves you can really play jazz on the electric bass guitar - take that you dusty always-compartmentalizing "jazz" authorities! (Can you tell I might have some issues with that?) Aston Barrett - because of "Slave Driver"!
- Hobbies and Interests:
- Cinefile, Tribal art, Astronomy and The Mystery of Life