Welcome to TalkBass, the Premier Bass Player Community and Information Source. We've been uniting the Low End Since 1998!
We're glad you've found us. Register a 100% Free Account to post and unlock tons of features.
- Last Activity:
- Dec 20, 2014 at 6:15 AM
- Jan 4, 2010
- Likes Received:
- Trophy Points:
- Northern Virginia
- Master Electrician
Share This Page
"Like a head with my chicken cut off", Male, from Northern Virginia
- Jordybass was last seen:
- [On BYO]Viewing forum list, Dec 20, 2014 at 6:15 AM
- Northern Virginia
- Master Electrician
- Current Setup:
Amps: Genz Benz Shuttle MAX 12.0, Genz Benz Shuttle 9.0, Euphonic Audio iAMP Micro 550, a Phil Jones Bass Buddy and a Crown XLS 2000 and a Presonus Studio Channel as a pre in a Gator 4 space case with a Furman M-8Dx power conditioner. I also have a Sansamp RBI for a backup.
Cabinets: One EA NL-410, two EA NL-210's and two EA CXL-112's all 8 ohm. Also an Accugroove Whappo Jr. 4 ohm.
Basses: 1999 Teal Green Metallic American Fender Jazz Bass, 1987 Fiesta Red Japanese Fender P Bass with EMG pickups and matching headstock, 1987 Black on Black Japanese Fender Jazz Bass Special Fretless, 2007 White Erniie Ball Musicman Stingray 4 HH bass with matching headstock, a 2011 Candy Apple Red Squier Jaguar Short Scale bass with many mods and a newly completed Lake Placid Blue Warmoth P Bass with a maple fretboard and matching headstock, Bad Ass II bridge, Schaller tuners and a vintage wound Curtis Novak P bass pickup. I also have three bass projects I'm working on. A 2000 Seafoam Green Chinese P Bass, 1984 Ocean Turquoise Japanese Fender Squier Bullet Bass and a Pelham Blue Kramer "Duke" headless short scale bass all refinished in nitrocellulose laquer from Guitar Reranch.
Guitars: 1987 Black Japanese Fender Stratocaster '57 RI, 2001 Triple Sunburst American Fender Telecaster, 2005 Korean Ibanez Acoustic-Electric Artwood Series, 1978 Japanese Ventura acoustic, Chinese Yamaha 12 string acoustic and a 1970's Ibanez acoustic.
Guitar amps: Fender Stage 100, Fender Frontman 25R, Kustom Sienna 30 Acoustic-Electric, Line 6 Spider III 15 and a Pignose 7-100.
- Favorite Genres:
- I like most everything except for Country and Rap music.
- Gigs and Ensembles:
- I am in one band right now. Our band plays late 50's to Mid 60's Vintage Rock and Roll and some from the 70's and 80's.
- Previously Owned Gear:
Amps: Euphonic Audio iAMP800C combo (sold on TB 7/27/2010), Gallien-Krueger RB 1001 210 combo, Fender Bassman 100 combo, Beheringer BX-600 combo, David Eden NA-320 amp, Genz Benz Shuttle 6.0., and a Euphonic Audio IAmp 350.
Cabinets: GK RBH 210 extension cabinet and a GK RBH 115 extension cabinet.
Basses: 1984 Vintage White American Fender P Bass, 1998 Sage Green Metallic American Fender P Bass, 1987 Arctic White Japanese Fender Jazz Bass, 1978 Trans Red American Fender Musicmaster Bass, Black Ibanez Acoustic-Electric Bass and a 2004 Blue Ernie Ball Musicman active SUB 5 bass (sold on TB 4/08/2012).
Guitars: 1983 Vintage White American Fender Stratocaster, 1987 Arctic White Japanese Fender Telecaster.
Guitar amps: Fender Frontman 15G.
- Influences and Teachers:
- I'm naturally left handed and in 1978 I received a right handed Ventura acoustic guitar. I played it off and on for years and never got real good. In late 2004 I jammed with some friends using a right handed fender Bronco bass and they wanted me to play with them on a regular basis. Being a lefty, I bought a lefty Fender PJ bass and tried to play it but couldn't hit a lick so I sold it and bought a right handed 1984 American Fender P bass and never looked back. I jammed twice a week, took lessons and practiced my ass off and I'm very comfortable playing right handed. I also play by ear and pick up bass lines easily.
- Hobbies and Interests:
- Fast cars, drag racing, building, restoring, hot rodding bass guitars, and collecting music.
SignatureThe Fretless Club #705
Warmoth Owners Club #62
Fender Jazz Bass Club #783
Musicman Stingray Club #316
Squier Jaguar Short Scale Club #56
The Official Fender Precision Bass Club #846