Welcome to TalkBass, the Premier Bass Player Community and Information Source. We've been uniting the Low End Since 1998!
We're glad you've found us. Register a 100% Free Account to post and unlock tons of features.
- Last Activity:
- Nov 22, 2014
- Aug 5, 2001
- Likes Received:
- Trophy Points:
Share This Page
41, from Rochester, NY, USA
- McGryff was last seen:
- Nov 22, 2014
- Mar 11, 1973 (Age: 41)
- Home Page:
- Rochester, NY, USA
- Current Setup:
- Shen/Strelau 3/4 carved double bass, Upton Bass Brazilwood German bow, Revolution Solo II pickup, Tech 21 SansAmp VT Bass, FDeck HPF-Pre II, Fishman Pro EQ Platinum Bass, Fender Precision, Fender Jazz Fretless, Squier Jazz Bass V, Unnivox 'Lectra, TC Electronic BG250, LaBella Deep Talkin' flatwound strings (BG), D'Addario nylon tapewound strings (BG), Helicore Hybrid strings (DB), Whirlwind Leader cables.
- Favorite Genres:
- Jazz, early blues, Americana, oldtime, bluegrass.
- Gigs and Ensembles:
- Genesee Johnny & the River Rats, The Silver Threads (DB/EB), Bill Tiberio & Friends Big Band (DB/EB), various other projects.
- Previously Owned Gear:
- MTD Heir 5-string, SX 5-string Jazz Bass clone, Ampeg B-100R, SWR WM 12, SWR WM 2X10C, SX fretless P-Bass clone.
- G.A.S. List:
- More time & discipline to dedicate to improving my playing. Maybe a 4- or 5-string Stingray-style.
- Influences and Teachers:
Bass instructors (in no particular order): Gaelen McCormick (Rochester (NY) Philharmonic), Timothy Legler (ESM alum), Jeff Campbell (Eastman School of Music Jazz Bass), and Fred Stone, Jr. (Berklee & ESM alumnus).
Others influences: Ray Brown, Ron Carter, Dave Holland, Paul Chambers, Chris Wood, Edgar Meyer, Jaco, John Paul Jones, Jamerson, many other double bassists and electric bassists.
- Hobbies and Interests:
- Birds, hiking camping, trombone, cooking, history, Macintosh computers, philosophy
Shen Owner's Club #40 | Official SansAmp VT-Bass Owners Club #57