Welcome to TalkBass 2014! If you're new here, we just went through a major site upgrade. Please post all concerns and bugs to the Forum Usage Issues forum. We will be monitoring that forum. We are currently evaluating the "One Post Per Classified Ad" policy. Thank you for all of your feedback.
The TalkBass iphone/android app is NOT WORKING currently. We're working on it. Tapatalk IS working, so if you need to use an app, use Tapatalk. Try using your browser though - TalkBass is now 100% responsive to your phone/tablet screen size ;)
Please read the TalkBass 2014 FAQ for lots of great info on the new software.
- Last Activity:
- Mar 2, 2014
- Jan 9, 2001
- Likes Received:
- Trophy Points:
Share This Page
41, from New Albany, MS
- Monte was last seen:
- Mar 2, 2014
- Jun 27, 1972 (Age: 41)
- Home page:
- New Albany, MS
- Current Setup:
- Basses: Solano Klotz copy, Gary Watts #26 5 string, '97 Fender Jazz; Bow: Tom Owen German; Strings:Evah Pirazzi Weich E-A-D Oliv G on doublebass DR Fat Beams on electrics; Amplification:QSC K10 powered speaker, Markbass CMD121p Combo, Heil PR-40 mic, LiveBass H-Clamp, Schertler Stat-B.
- Gigs and Ensembles:
- Freelance Jazz N. Mississippi/ Memphis, Bill Easley Quartet, SJO Big Band, John Michael Shaw Trio, Renardo Ward Quartet
- Previously Owned Gear:
- 1930's Juzek 5 string; Nearly every Doublebass string in current production! Acoustic Image Contra, K & K Golden Trinity Mic, K & K Bass Max, Fishman products, AKG C3000, Schertler Pub 2/280 and 1/380 Sub, Bose PAS, Schertler Dyn B
- Influences and Teachers:
- Influences: Mingus, P.C., Leroy Vinnegar Teachers: Lynn Seaton, Jeff Bradetich, Rodney Whitaker, Larry Moore, Don Munday (Bass); Steven Fulton (Improv); John Rosfeld (Composition & Arranging)
- Hobbies and Interests:
- Tennis, Hunting, Craft beers, Pipe smoking, social gospel theology
SignatureI want people to feel good. Or bad. Or happy. Or sad. I just think music should make you feel something, and the focus is to never lose sight of that.