Welcome to TalkBass, the Premier Bass Player Community and Information Source. We've been uniting the Low End Since 1998!
We're glad you've found us. Register a 100% Free Account to post and unlock tons of features.
Share This Page
Charlie Escher, from Columbia River Gorge, WA.
- Passinwind was last seen:
- Nov 22, 2014 at 2:53 AM
- Home Page:
- Columbia River Gorge, WA.
- Audio Electronics Technician
- Current Setup:
AudioKinesis Thunderchild 112AF cab, Passinwind PW8B amp (http://passinwind.com/Passinwind8B.html)
PW4B (solid state, Fender tone stack)
PW6B (tube, 6SL7, 2-6SN7, custom tone stack)
PW7B (custom tone stack)
Boss GX700 Modeler/Multi-EFX
Hafler T2 (tube, modded)
Orban 622B parametric EQ
Symetrix 525 Compressor
Rane RPM26z DSP speaker management system/EFX mixer/controller
SpeakerPower SP1-1000, Hafler P-3000 power amps
(2) PW115 w/BMS 15N630s
(1) 6/1 top w/horn-loaded 18Sound 6ND410, BMS 4540ND
(2) 6/1 tops w/B&C 6MD38, BMS 4552ND
(1) 2 X 4" top w/Faital 4FE30s
BSX Model 2000 electric upright
'03 Crescent Moon fretless w/ Q-Tuners
'77 Travis Bean fretless
- Favorite Genres:
- Space Is The Place.
- Gigs and Ensembles:
- Basically retired, or maybe just on extended vacation. Do occasional open mike house band gigs and sub work in jazz, country, soft rock settings.
- Previously Owned Gear:
Amps: Ampeg B-15, Kustom 200, Peavey Musician, Gibson Titan, G-K 400B, G-K 400RB, Hartke HA3500, EBS HD350, EA iAmp 350, EA iAmp 800, Acoustic Image Focus 1 Series II, Carvin BX500.
Preamps: Ashly BP-41, Alembic F2B
Power Amps: QSC PLX 1202, PLX 1602, PLX 2402, PLX2 1802, PLX2 1804; Crown D150A, PS200, DC300AII, CE1000; Ross (AB Systems) Mega Amp 400; Peavey CS-800, 260S
Cabs: Peavey 1810, EV TL606 (many variants), Cerwin-Vega 18, many JBL, Gauss, EV, Altec DIY builds, EA CxL-112L, Schroeder 1210L, Schroeder 21012L, Accugroove Tri-112L, Epifani UL112, fEARful 12/6
Basses: Gibson EB-0, Guild Starfire, '72 Fender Jazz, Czech ply upright
- G.A.S. List:
- Influences and Teachers:
- Charles Mingus, Paul Chambers, Ray Brown, Dave Holland, Eberhard Weber, Glen Moore, Alphonso Johnson, Jack Casady, Phil Lesh, Jack Bruce, Damian Erskine, Michael Manring, Sid Vicious.
35+ years experience as an audio electronics tech, mostly in M.I. and pro audio.
- Hobbies and Interests:
- Outdoors, indoors.