Welcome to TalkBass, the Premier Bass Player Community and Information Source. We've been uniting the Low End Since 1998!
We're glad you've found us. Register a 100% Free Account to post and unlock tons of features.
- Last Activity:
- Jan 6, 2013
- Jan 10, 2006
- Likes Received:
- Trophy Points:
Share This Page
30, from Brooklyn, NY
- Phantopeth was last seen:
- Jan 6, 2013
- Mar 18, 1984 (Age: 30)
- Home Page:
- Brooklyn, NY
- Current Setup:
- 1980 Rickenbacker 4000, Fireglo finish
- Full Metal Hondo: Hondo Deluxe Series 830, purchased for $25 from dorm neighbor. Maple neck/fingerboard, defretted with gunk filled in, rusty gross hardware, rough-cut translucent plexiglass pickguard. It is currently lacking electronics, pickup, and pickguard, which will all be replaced soon: I'm thinking EMG-P plus the included wiring/circuitry, black pickguard.
- Carvin 5-string (built from kit, both fretted and fretless necks, not currently in my possession)
- Fender Bassman Ten (4x10 tube amp combo, silverface, late 70's era)
- Hughes & Kettner BassKick 505
- SWR Son of Bertha 1x15 cab (for sale)
- Epiphone practice amp, 8" speaker, $10 yard sale purchase: sah-weet
- Gigs and Ensembles:
- Currently drumming in Bazooka Christ of Brooklyn, NY. Formerly bassist of Dead is the Sky of Portland, ME.
- Previously Owned Gear:
- Modulus Quantum 5 that I had to sell due to financial reasons *cries* (Aguilar pre, Barts, phenolic fretboard)
- Dean Q5
- Hartke 3500 amplifer
- Hartke 4.5XL 4x10 cab
- G.A.S. List:
G.A.S. List as of 07/01/08 (subject to change):
- Ampeg V-4B, 70's SVT
- Bergantino NV610
- G&Ls in general, Valenti, Lakland of several varieties, Fenders
- Influences and Teachers:
- Mike Gordon, JPJ, Bootsy, Phil Lesh, Tommy Shannon, my father, all the musicians I've played with over the years.
- Hobbies and Interests:
- Good beer, cheap beer, rocking out, a few select TV shows, female behinds, Red Sox baseball