- Last Activity:
- Feb 6, 2016
- Apr 19, 2011
- Likes Received:
- Trophy Points:
- Current Setup:
- Ibanez SR506 (6-string) ... bolt-on neck, solid-mahogony body, Bartolini MK-1 pickups, active 3-band EQ w/ mid-frequency selector switch (very useful feature).
- Ibanez BTB575 (5-string) ... 35''-scale, neck-thru construction, light ash body/walnut top, monorail bridge, Bartolini MK-2 pickups w/ active 3-band EQ.
- Ibanez AEB10E (Acoustic Bass, 4-String) ... love this thing and get tons of use/practice out of it.
-Gallien Krueger 700RB-ii (480/50W) Head
-Carvin BR410-Neo (8-ohm)
-Fulltone GT-500 (Drive/Distortion pedal)
- Favorite Genres:
- Not really genre-loyal, but when it comes to bass-playing, I'll seek out music in almost any genre that challenges and interests me. I find a lot of this music in prog rock/metal, trash metal, alt rock, etc., but more importantly, it does exist in almost every genre of music. I'm not much of a Jazz guy, but I was forced to learn from it when I took lessons, so I'd be lying if I dismissed it as an important influence.
- Previously Owned Gear:
-Ibanez SR305 (5-string)
-Boss PH-3 Phase Shifter (I regret selling this one...)
- G.A.S. List:
-Rickenbacker 4003 (blueburst finish, if I had my choice)
-Darkglass b7k distortion pedal
- Influences and Teachers:
John Myung, Geddy Lee, Chris Squire, Justin Chancellor, Cliff Burton, Flea, Juan Alderete, Dave Ellefson, Mike Mills, ... and their bands, of course.
My bass/guitar teacher, Neil, from years ago.
- Hobbies and Interests:
- Reading, snowboarding, wakeboarding, animals
SignatureNew Jersey Bassist Club #190
Play guitar too? Become a founding member of TalkGuitar.com