- Last Activity:
- Apr 27, 2015 at 1:25 PM
- Oct 2, 2006
- Likes Received:
- Trophy Points:
Share This Page
Male, from Utah
- richhansen was last seen:
- Searching, Apr 27, 2015 at 1:25 PM
- Home Page:
- Current Setup:
1920's John Juzek 7/8 (German/Bohemian) flatback 5-string fully carved upright bass. Troll ribbon microphone. Five-String Bulgarian/Bob Gollihur Fully Carved Upright with Ehrlund EAP and Fishman full circle pickups.
Several custom made 5 string jazz basses I built myself (both a fretless version and a fretted version) with Bartolini electronics and KSM Foundation Bridge, '69 Fender Precision, Fender 5-String Jazz, Ampeg SVT Classic (previously owned by Bob Daisley) and Acoustic Image Clarus, DTAR Parametric EQ, Audiokinesis Thunderchild cabinet. Also, a Hartke 4X10 cabinet and Hartke preamp.
Endorser of the KSM Foundation Bridge.
- Favorite Genres:
- Jazz, Classical, Rock, Metal, R&B
- Gigs and Ensembles:
- The Darkwood Trio (jazz trio in the northern Utah area), Utah State University CVC Orchestra, Mile Marker Six, Joyful Noise, and various other rock, jazz and funk gigs around northern Utah
- Previously Owned Gear:
- Engelhardt and Meisel upright basses. Rickenbacker 4001, various Fenders, Tobias, Mark bass amps. Too many others to mention.
- G.A.S. List:
- Gas currently under control and not acting up.
- Influences and Teachers:
- NHOP, Scott Lafaro, Ron Carter, Catalin Rotaru, Christian Mcbride, Catalin Rotaru, Mark Johnson, Renaud Garcia-Fons, Paul Chambers, Stanley Clarke, John Patitucci, Eddie Gomez, David Friesen, Jeff Berlin, Rufus Reid, Steve Harris, Bob Daisley, Billy Sheehan -- too many others to mention.
- Hobbies and Interests:
- what else is there besides music?
- Endorser of the KSM Foundation Bridge.
- Available for Instruction?:
- Bass Guitar Instruction
- Double Bass Instruction
- Teaching Credentials:
- Former student of Jeff Berlin and David Friesen. I teach jazz upright and electric bass. I am also a teacher for the Mountain West Strings Orchestra program.