Welcome to TalkBass 2014! If you're new here, we just went through a major site upgrade. Please post all concerns and bugs to the Forum Usage Issues forum. We will be monitoring that forum. We are currently evaluating the "One Post Per Classified Ad" policy. Thank you for all of your feedback.
The TalkBass iphone/android app is NOT WORKING currently. We're working on it. Tapatalk IS working, so if you need to use an app, use Tapatalk. Try using your browser though - TalkBass is now 100% responsive to your phone/tablet screen size ;)
Please read the TalkBass 2014 FAQ for lots of great info on the new software.
- Last Activity:
- Mar 1, 2014
- Jun 29, 2004
- Likes Received:
- Trophy Points:
Share This Page
41, from New York City
- Slapfiddle was last seen:
- Mar 1, 2014
- Apr 5, 1973 (Age: 41)
- Home page:
- New York City
- Current Setup:
- 1850's Tyrolean flatback, 1942 Kay S-9 w/ removable neck, Lemur Flyaway travel case, Ropecore and Velvet strings, full circle pickup. Walter Woods, Acoustic Image, GK amps, and Hartke 210 cabs. Fender fretless jazz bass, '73 Precision, '67 Harmony H-22 hollowbody electric, '70 Musicmaster, '10 Jazz active deluxe 5 string.
- Favorite Genres:
- I play pretty much all new music these days. A lot of songwriters-pop, indie pop, rock, alt country, folk, Americana, modern jazz composers, etc.
- Gigs and Ensembles:
- Freelance bassist in New York City
- Previously Owned Gear:
I have owned many Kay basses over the years and am fascinated with their history.
I am a dealer of the Rick Williams dbl bass buggie, available on my website www.slapfiddle.com
- G.A.S. List:
- A complete restoration on my Tyrolean flatback.
- Influences and Teachers:
- Dave Holland, Paul McCartney, Ray Brown, Larry Grenadier, Anders Jormin, Edgar Meyer, Palle Danielsson, Niels Pederson, Charlie Haden, Patitucci, McBride, Jaco, Rocco, Scotty Lafaro, Ron Carter, Keith Jarrett, Mehldau, and countless more.
- Hobbies and Interests:
- eBay, biking, hiking, investing. Recording sessions, recording overdubs from home.
Signature"Every note every time Mr. Akin"- Ron Carter