- Last Activity:
- Jun 14, 2014
- Jun 29, 2004
- Likes Received:
- Trophy Points:
Share This Page
Male, 41, from New York City
I now have a Shen SB-100 upright bass for rent in New York City. Check out my youtube video of it. http://youtu.be/elWJUrADQP4 Jun 10, 2014
- Slapfiddle was last seen:
- Jun 14, 2014
- Apr 5, 1973 (Age: 41)
- Home page:
- New York City
- Current Setup:
- 1850's Tyrolean flatback, 2004 Shen SB-100, Eastman carved, 1942 Kay S-9 w/ removable neck, Lemur Flyaway travel case, Spirocore and Velvet strings, full circle pickup. Acoustic Image, GK amps, and Hartke 210 cabs. Fender fretless jazz bass, '73 Precision, '67 Harmony H-22 hollowbody electric, '10 Jazz active deluxe 5 string.
- Favorite Genres:
- I play pretty much all new music these days. A lot of songwriters-pop, indie pop, rock, alt country, folk, Americana, modern jazz composers, etc.
- Gigs and Ensembles:
- Freelance bassist in New York City. Bassist for Roosevelt Dime among other bands.
- Previously Owned Gear:
I have owned many Kay basses over the years and am fascinated with their history.
I am a dealer of the Rick Williams dbl bass buggie, available on my website www.slapfiddle.com
- Influences and Teachers:
- Dave Holland, Paul McCartney, Ray Brown, Larry Grenadier, Anders Jormin, Edgar Meyer, Palle Danielsson, Niels Pederson, Charlie Haden, Patitucci, McBride, Jaco, Rocco, Scotty Lafaro, Ron Carter, Keith Jarrett, Mehldau, and countless more.
Craig Akin is an in-demand upright and electric bassist in New York City. He has played and recorded with countless musicians of many different styles. From jazz to pop, and folk to rock, Craig is comfortable and creative, and can deliver the goods like any veteran on his instrument. He has performed well over 4,000 gigs and has now added home recording to his arsenal.
- Hobbies and Interests:
- eBay, biking, hiking, investing. Recording sessions, recording overdubs from home.
Signature"Every note every time Mr. Akin"- Ron Carter