Welcome to TalkBass 2014! If you're new here, we just went through a major site upgrade. Please post all concerns and bugs to the Forum Usage Issues forum. We will be monitoring that forum. Thank you for all of your feedback.
The TalkBass iphone/android app is NOT WORKING currently. We're working on it. Tapatalk IS working, so if you need to use an app, use Tapatalk. Try using your browser though - TalkBass is now 100% responsive to your phone/tablet screen size ;)
Please read the TalkBass 2014 FAQ for lots of great info on the new software.
- Last Activity:
- Feb 5, 2014
- Dec 31, 2013
- Likes Received:
- Trophy Points:
Share This Page
Gold Supporting Member
- SlowCode was last seen:
- Feb 5, 2014
- Home page:
- Wickford, Rhode Island
- Current Setup:
Guild B30 lined fretless
Steinberger L2 unlined fretless.
Fender CS 1960 Jazz relic - shell pink with custom ebony fretless neck. New in 2013.
Fender "Tony Franklin" Precision fretless - Tobacco burst. New in 2012.
Westone (unknown model#, but came with interchangeable fretted/fretless necks) My main bass from 1987 to ?? and just beaten over the years into an unplayable wall-hanger.
Fender Twin Reverb tube head (1970) on top of a 1971 Fender 2X15 bass cabinet. (Destroyed by Katrina and Wilma in 2005, and will be restored at some point - it's salvageable.)
Fender Twin Reverb - don't know the year, but mid-60s I think. Perfect original condition.
Various assorted modern-day Fender guitar amps for the kids' guitars and keyboards, etc.
I had a Behrringer until recently, but donated it to Goodwill - it was a great amp. Solid state, but excellent tone and presence.
- Favorite Genres:
- I play by ear and have never taken a lesson - don't sight read at all. I listen to everything from death metal to Disco to all styles of jazz, reggae, stoner rock, all eras and styles of classical - I play along to or with whatever is on. But I am definitely a funk/disco/reggae groove player.
- Gigs and Ensembles:
- No longer play out.
- Previously Owned Gear:
- I owned a 1975 Maple/Maple fretless Precision, which was stolen at a gig in Berlin, NH in August of 1987. Wish I knew the serial number to track it, but I'm sure it's well loved by whoever ended up with it, so hey - no harm no foul. (Bikers. They waited until the 2nd set break, then stole my PBass, my 1966 Fender Mustang and two mics. Nobody was talking either.)
- G.A.S. List:
- I am very, very satisfied with what I have now. I'd like a NS upright and certainly a high quality concert double bass, but I just got in trouble for buying the Steinberger, so those will have to wait. lol
- Influences and Teachers:
- Just everyone. But early Tower of Power is what originally caught my ear
- Hobbies and Interests:
- Everything. You name it I've either tried it, dabbled in it, or am interested in learning about it.
SignatureIt's very cool to have the chance to learn from you.