Welcome to TalkBass 2014! If you're new here, we just went through a major site upgrade. Please post all concerns and bugs to the Forum Usage Issues forum. We will be monitoring that forum. Thank you for all of your feedback.
The TalkBass iphone/android app is NOT WORKING currently. We're working on it. Tapatalk IS working, so if you need to use an app, use Tapatalk. Try using your browser though - TalkBass is now 100% responsive to your phone/tablet screen size ;)
Please read the TalkBass 2014 FAQ for lots of great info on the new software.
- Last Activity:
- Mar 13, 2013
- Jul 31, 2002
- Likes Received:
- Trophy Points:
Share This Page
- Tactician was last seen:
- Mar 13, 2013
- Home page:
- Devizes, Wiltshire, UK
- Current Setup:
- Fender Standard Jazz, Laney 120Watt 1x15", Ashdown 250 MAG with 4x10" , CE-2 Chorus, and an Ibanez RD600. A Thomann PRO1300 and couple of Eminence Delta 15A cabs and a couple of Eminenece AD50 speaker cabs with crossovers for using with the 15"s when I need more top. A Yamaha 10/2 mixer. The new addition is an Alesis SR18 which I bought summer 2008 and still haven't programmed yet - too busy is my excuse - but watch out for some YouTube updates and workshops.
- Gigs and Ensembles:
- Insomnia R&B band. Cocktail-ROCK duo. Me - solo
- Previously Owned Gear:
- Aria PE 32" short scale Bass. Bit like a Les Paul with a short bass neck - just OK - if I went short scale I'd rather be with a Gibson.
- G.A.S. List:
Sandberg - California Precision
The Ibanez Prestige range
- Influences and Teachers:
- I saw John Entwistle play a lot in 1964 when I was in a support band in London. I did a week course with Stu Hamm in 2007 - no looking back after that one.
- Hobbies and Interests:
- Flamenco and Latin music, Golf when I can get some time (rare) and a bit Of Spanish speaking
SignatureAs a pro, I get paid for playing and sounding good - not for spending a wad on high end equipment.