Welcome to TalkBass, the Premier Bass Player Community and Information Source. We've been uniting the Low End Since 1998!
We're glad you've found us. Register a 100% Free Account to post and unlock tons of features.
- Last Activity:
- Apr 26, 2014
- Apr 11, 2011
- Likes Received:
- Trophy Points:
Share This Page
- Current Setup:
- Zon Sonus Custom 4, Gallien-Krueger 1000RB head, Mesa 4x10 cab, Line 6 Bass POD Pro (+FBV controller), Boss DD-3 Digital Delay, Boss Bass Equalizer, Sansamp Programmable, ACG Electronics, DR Hi-Beams (105-45), InTune Guitar Picks (.73), self made cables (Mogami cable/Neutrik Jacks)... I'm sure I'm forgetting something...
- Favorite Genres:
- I can't get into country. Anything else is good. I have a preference for rhythmic stuff.
- Gigs and Ensembles:
- Coming soon!
- Previously Owned Gear:
- '91 MIJ Fender Jazz, '82(?) Ibanez Musician, Mesa Bass 400+ head... a couple of Boss guitar pedals. I'm sure I'm forgetting something again...
- G.A.S. List:
1) Zon Sonus, 4 string, alder body with hyperbass cutaway, flame or quilt maple top, green finish, whatever pickup(s) would best suit the sound I'm going for, custom electronics (actually a work in progress), 35" composite neck half-lined Sonus profile neck, piezo bridge saddles, 1/4"/XLR outputs, 5-pin MIDI out, Black hardware.
2) Same as above except: no extended cutaway, 24 fret neck, different pickups and electronics if necessary. Black finish, black hardware.
3) "Stock" Zon Sonus 4 with custom pickups and electronics, fretted, black everywhere.
4) Custom Zon 12-string (3 course 4 string): actually I've always wondered why Zon never built a 12. I know of the 8, but there's a difference to me. Surely that neck they make would have no problems with tension. So how about it? 12-string Sonus?
5) A high gain distortion pedal which actually works with low frequencies, for regular basses as well as those tuned low (BEAD for example).
6) Bring back the Digitech Bass Whammy!!!
7) .... I think I'd better stop
- Influences and Teachers:
- Bass players? Michael Manring, Justin Chancellor, Mark King, Mike Watt; Many more. However I find that I'm inspired by music, colors, events, bands who work well together... Things that don't seem to be the sort of thing that would directly inspire me as a bass player.
- Hobbies and Interests:
- All sort of design, Vinyl LP, Turntables; Love the digital stuff too.