Welcome to TalkBass 2014! If you're new here, we just went through a major site upgrade. Please post all concerns and bugs to the Forum Usage Issues forum. We will be monitoring that forum. Thank you for all of your feedback.
The TalkBass iphone/android app is NOT WORKING currently. We're working on it. Tapatalk IS working, so if you need to use an app, use Tapatalk. Try using your browser though - TalkBass is now 100% responsive to your phone/tablet screen size ;)
Please read the TalkBass 2014 FAQ for lots of great info on the new software.
- Last Activity:
- Dec 6, 2013
- May 12, 2002
- Likes Received:
- Trophy Points:
Share This Page
44, from Bordeaux, France
- TimoMetzemakers was last seen:
- Dec 6, 2013
- Apr 16, 1970 (Age: 44)
- Home page:
- Bordeaux, France
- Current Setup:
First off: I'm a lefty.
I got my first electric bass and started playing in 1988. Got my first double bass in 1993 and sold my slab soon after. I quit my day job in 2003 and I'm now enjoying the luxury of being a full-time bass player. In 2008 I felt like playing the electric bass again, so I'm now officially a doubler. ;-)
Hybrid New Standard Cleveland #249 w/ Gamut gut strings + Anima E.
Kremona carved upright w/ Evah Pirazzi
Framus Triumph EURB w/ Jargar strings and a big chunk of foam wedged behind the strings (for afro-cuban/salsa music).
Fender Precision CIJ '62 reissue - LaBella 0760M
Sterling by MM Ray34 - Pyramid Gold
Various SX modding/tinkering projects.
Augagneur & Bergeron unsigned pernambuco french bow, Yita german bow, black hair, soft Oak rosin.
On double bass, I play mostly unamplified gigs, but when it is necessary to use some amplification, I use the DPA 4099, Headway EDB-1 preamp, and a QSC K8.
On electric, Markbass Compressore -> SansAmp VT Bass Deluxe -> Markbass CMD 121P combo + SVT 810AV cab or Markbass NY121 depending on the size of the room. Radial Bigshot I/O, Avalon U5, Tech 21 Acoustic DI & Blonde.
- Favorite Genres:
- Jazz, R&B, soul, old-school funk, blues, reggae
- Gigs and Ensembles:
- Freelancing southwestern France. Grand Six (jazz originals), Bordeaux Big Band, l'Orchestre du Dimanche (dance music, cha-chas, rumbas), Les Fox-Trotters (music from the 1930s), Sébastien Arruti quartet (contemporary jazz), Monique Thomas quartet, Rainbow Child (Hendrix tribute power trio), Jazz & Cie (weddings & private functions), several Dixieland/traditional jazz bands, a hip hop combo, Los Tauras (tango quintet), Agua Dulce (flamenco quintet), Yoann Loustalot, Alex Golino, Christophe Maroye, Didier Ottaviani, Eric Séva...
- Previously Owned Gear:
- Yorkville Y400 combo, Spirocore (weich, mittel, stark), Oliv, Eudoxa, Obligato, Helicore, Dominant, Permanent. K&K Bass Max, Golden Trinity mic, Schertler Pub, GK MB150.
- G.A.S. List:
Ampeg SVT-VR, Ampeg PF series, etc.
More gigs! ;-)
- Influences and Teachers:
Music I love: Duke Ellington, Thelonious Monk, Charles Mingus.
Players: Mingus of course, Ray Brown, PC, Pettiford, Blanton, Sam Jones, Leroy Vinnegar and so many others.
Today's players: I'm a huge fan of Larry Grenadier. Peter Washington and Dennis Irwin are great, too. Patitucci, Dave Holland, the list goes on and on.
Electric: James Jamerson! But also Wilton Felder, Bernard Edwards, Tommy Cogbill, Willie Weeks, Duck Dunn, Carol Kaye, Nathan Watts, Bob Babbitt, David Hood, Bootsy, Bernard Odum, Jerry Jemmott...
- Hobbies and Interests:
- Trying to be a decent parent. I moonlight as a recording engineer now and then.