Welcome to TalkBass, the Premier Bass Player Community and Information Source. We've been uniting the Low End Since 1998!
We're glad you've found us. Register a 100% Free Account to post and unlock tons of features.
- Last Activity:
- Nov 26, 2014
- Oct 13, 2010
- Likes Received:
- Trophy Points:
Share This Page
what the pluck
- what the pluck was last seen:
- Nov 26, 2014
- Home Page:
- Current Setup:
Mircourt (around 1850's) french bass currently being restored,
Carlo Giordano 3/4 bass, spruce/ply,
french no name brazil wood bow salt and pepper hair
Shen Ophelia Carbon fibre bow - white hair
Nyman / Pops rosin
Blue Kickball mic for DB
Clarus/ Whizzy 10
- Favorite Genres:
- dont have one, I listen to and try to play everything.
- Gigs and Ensembles:
- My main project at the moment is a 4 piece band (The Book Of Vilah), Double bass, classical guitar, bouzouki and vocals. I have a few solo recording projects of varied genres. I play with as many people as I can... have bass will travel.
- Previously Owned Gear:
- Its not really bass stuff but I can offer advice on recording mixing and mastering. As an audio engineer I have recorded a wide range of music. As a bassist I have played many styles.
- G.A.S. List:
- to make a living playing bass!
- Influences and Teachers:
- When I was young Brian Ritchies acoustic bass guitar playing on the violent femmes first album. Charlie Haden, I love his versatility and the wide cross section of music he has played. My teacher! I guess I am more inspired by music as a whole rather then just bassists. At the moment I am going through an Ethnic/ gypsy phase. This will probably change soon. When I hear or see anyone play really well on any instrument it inspires me.
- Hobbies and Interests:
- Motorcycling, writing, audio production
Signature"....all those low frequencies vibrating through you, its gotta be good for you right?" - Captain Mission