NAD/rig Acoustic head and cabs

Discussion in 'Amps [BG]' started by howdoyoudo, Feb 2, 2014.

1. howdoyoudo

howdoyoudo

Needed a bass rig and not liking what a lot of stuff in music stores have. Went the used route and picked up a nice rig.

Total cost was 500 bucks, fit my budget well.

Acoustic 220 amp

Acoustic 215 BX cab
    and an
    Acoustic 301 cab

Sounds nice full round. Can get the amp is do some nice distortion when the volume is up a bit. Just what I was looking for.

The amps can deliver what I want for a punk to blues stuff. Great set of equipment.

They're all original drivers and the head is in good shape, no caps needed replacing. Really enjoy this rig.

Thoughts on the set up? Amp/cab comments etc? Thanks.

Want to get a 370 if I can find one for a nice price.

Oh here is a picture or two.

[​IMG][​IMG]
  2. lfh

lfh

Congratulations! A 220/406 combination is a classic and the 215BX is later revision of the 406 (but I'm sure you already knew that). I agree that the 220 has a nice breakup. Adding a 370 for a full dual stack setup option sounds like a good idea, but I'm sure what you already have will keep up with most drummers and guitar players. :bassist:
  3. howdoyoudo

howdoyoudo

Thank you! Wanted to get a 406 cab for this head because it would be the correct set up, but such a deal on the 215 BX cab, couldn't pass it up. I think the 215 BX has the EV drivers as well. Really cool high end coupled with the lowend mids 18" driver in the 301 cab.

Was thinking of completely replacing the 220 head for the 370 head, I like that these amps can run at 4ohm/2ohm. But not sure if the breakup would be there(high volumes?) or just round cleanness. Are you familiar with a 370? Really do love the break up.

The dual stack would be sick, didn't even think about it.

Yeah we're playing the house of blues main stage next week and there isn't a volume problem with this rig at all. They do like to play loud though. Just want to be felt, ya know?

Thanks again for the kind words! :)
  4. lfh

lfh

Unfortunately I'm not too familiar with the 370, but there are several TB:ers who are. Try searching some old thread for subjective impressions. The full specs of the power section are here:

http://acoustic.homeunix.net/twiki/bin/view/Acoustic/MonoPowerAmp300

Obviously it's more powerful than the 220, but going from say 160 W RMS to 325 W RMS at 2 Ohm corresponds to a 3.1 dB increase in SPL, so it's not a world of a difference from this POV.
  5. Register to disable this ad
  6. howdoyoudo

howdoyoudo

Ah okay. I've read most if not all threads about them haha. Maybe I'll be able to come across a nice one sometime. This has plenty of power, I'm fine with this rig for life pretty much.

Thanks for your replies and help lfh!
  7. Syxz_ML

Syxz_ML

Was in a similar situation months ago and went the used route as well and bought an Acoustic B200H, saved me some good coin. First time exploring acoustic as well and was very pleased. Congrats on such a great find
  8. pica

pica

Congrats on the rig. I really like Acoustic gear. I started a thread on Acoustic gear a while back. A lot of people here seem to think because it's associated with GC that it's junk. I highly disagree.
  9. Gaolee

Gaolee The Fat Violin Supporting Member

A 301 could set you back what you paid for your whole rig. You reeled in a great deal. Enjoy it!
  10. jj4001

jj4001 Supporting Member

Great deal on a killer rig. I think vintage Acoustics are the best way to get a top quality rig for modest prices.